A huge breath

Started by Lauren17, October 01, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren17

I've been finding myself suddenly taking a huge breath. It feels like there is something tight in my chest and I have to force the air past it.
It happens as I'm doing other things. It's worse during higher stress times. But rarely goes away.
I've tried deep breathing exercises. I've  tried going for a walk. I've tried journaling.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

Associate of Daniel

It sounds similar to something that I went through many years ago, before uNPD exH left. It lasted several months.

I had it checked out - 24 hour heart monitor, ecg, scans.  It turned out to be, essentially, stress. Understandable since I was living with an uNPD.

I've had it, almost inperceptibly, maybe twice since he left.  I immediately recognise it and take steps to minimize the stress in my life.  It goes away almost immediately.

I suggest getting it checked out.  If it's to do with heart health you really should attend to it sooner rather than later.

All the best.

AOD

1footouttadefog

You might talk with a Doc if this persists.

I recently had something like a tightness in my chest come and go, I could feel an effort needed to take a deep breath.  There was a huge amount of stuff going on due to my pdh having a mental meltdown along with physical issues and eventually needing an emergency intake at a psych ward.

One day I noticed it came and went with eating.  I think my system was way out of line digestively or maybe I even had a bulge like a hiatal hernia or something.

I took this as a hint to return to self care.  I watched YouTube videos about exercises that would help in case it was the hernia thing, adjusted diet, rested more and such things. I do feel better now.

I will be honest I was a bit creeped it was my heart or something.  I decided to start getting caught up in my medical exams after many years of neglect.  Got a mammo, and did a skin doctor, and have several more to go. 

Don't let this go.  Also depending on your age, certain changes can bring in strange new physical things during thst time.  Or so I have read, I am at an age where I wish I could see the change.

A hot flash might be the most excitement I will get around here. Lol