Newest Games

Started by Inbetweenthisandthat, November 20, 2023, 07:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inbetweenthisandthat

In the last few months my wife has alternated between being clear and concise when talking to me and mixing up sentences / ideas so it is totally incomprehensible. At first I would ask her to repeat, which lead to put downs / anger directed towards me. When I didn't ask her to repeat she asks if I understood, and I would ask her to repeat, which again leads to put downs / anger directed towards me.

Second game, is her telling me about we are going out with friends to a private party at her friends house (she knows I do not like these people). The date is always when I am working. Later the topic comes up again and she says, that party was last week when I was home (not the next month as she said before) and adds in I would never go there anyway because she does not want to be around those people. I know she is really going. In the past this game would cause me a huge amount of anxiety. ANXIETY ARISES WHEN WE TRY AND CONTROL PEOPLE. For me now, zero anxiety and I realize this person does not have my best interest at heart. She has her goals and objectives. I have mine. There is no overlap.

bloomie

Inbetweenthisandthat - hi there. It seems you are growing wise to the games and are sticking to your goals! That takes strength and resolve and hopefully gives you a measure of peace in the midst of the storms. 
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

losingmyself

:yeahthat:
It is freeing when we start getting to the place of indifference.