If you went NC with an elderly parent, what did that look like?

Started by Tribe16, October 03, 2023, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olivegirl

I (age 47) went NC with my aging, raging abusive authoritarian parents 2 years.

They are in their 70s.

I was LC with them when my spouse, kids and I moved states away to get away from the chaos they orchestrated.

I stayed LC with them bc I still wanted to maintain some family ties and I felt safer to enforce my boundaries living so far away.

The very last time I saw them: they announced they were moving in with me immediately and did so with much contempt, entitlement, rage and aggression.

I kept my cool and said goodbye to them, knowing it would be the last time.

In their delusion and grandiosity, they perceived my stoic emotions as complete submission. 

I went NC immediately.

Blocked, blocked, blocked.

I am not about to have an argument regarding who gets to live in MY house!

They can pound sand and rage in THEIR space, not mind.

There is nothing more to discuss.  If they were to show up unannounced, my door stays locked. 

Because they know WHY. 

TimetoHeal

Tribe,

Hugs.  :bighug: That triangulation crap is exhausting, isn't it?  LOL.  My mom does this with me and my brother all the time.  It's really hard.  I can feel your heart wanting to reach out even in a small way for mother's day.  I'd almost forgotten it is this Sunday until I read this!  I am vvvvlc with my mom, and don't plan to even acknowledge Mother's Day this year.  Although, even as I say that, I know I might...It's tough, isn't it?

I hope this latest twist won't pull you back in and you'll still have that peace no matter what. 

Tribe16

Quote from: olivegirl on May 05, 2024, 08:43:24 AMI went NC immediately.

Blocked, blocked, blocked.

I am not about to have an argument regarding who gets to live in MY house!

OliveGirl, you are courageous! Insane that they would think... oh my gosh, the audacity...