A Dream-“We will grow up and move on.”

Started by Call Me Cordelia, March 19, 2021, 03:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call Me Cordelia

I had a dream last night that was like something straight out of an EMDR session.

It started with what was a real memory. I was getting ready for a high school homecoming dance, and my younger sister was upset because of something dad had done. She said, "It would make things so much better if he would just say he's sorry."

I answered, "I don't know why you're hoping for an apology from dad. When has he ever said sorry?"

Apparently dad was listening outside the door, because he jumped in with, "That's right! I'm not going to apologize to you. I'm the parent! I'm the one in charge."

Thus ends the real memory. In the dream last night I flung open the door and said, "You won't be in charge for ever. We will grow up and we will move on. You owe us hundreds of apologies, but we know better than to wait around for them. We have a life waiting for us without your nonsense. I will leave you and never come back for you to keep hurting me."

He tried to "hug" me, but really it was restraining me, and I was much shorter than I am now. I broke free and went out in my homecoming dress, and my husband and kids were outside.

Boat Babe

It gets better. It has to.

Cat of the Canals

Wow, reading that gave me actual goosebumps!