New here and Struggling

Started by HeatherAndGrass, November 18, 2021, 04:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeatherAndGrass

Hi, to quickly introduce myself. I am here to find compassion and understanding as well as sound advice. I am very fragile right now as I've been through too much the past few months, ok the last 30 years 🤦‍♀️😢

I hope I did my introduction correctly and... Hello everyone.

blunk

Welcome. We are here to listen when you are ready to share your story.

j.banquo

Hey, welcome. Also very new here; can relate to feeling vulnerable and very breakable.

Anything in particular you're struggling with, if you want to share?

I'm really sorry it has been too much during the past few months and thirty years. Both can be true at once, and individually at the same time, so remember not to be hard on yourself or feel like you're overreacting; it's normal to feel dizzy and overwhelmed.

I have to remind myself to allow room in my cognitive, emotional, and physical worlds right now for things from the past month, seven months, seven years, and past 39 years, in three different ways at once, with three different people. It feels overwhelming for me when I write that, and that's also how I remember I can expect to feel overwhelmed, and that I definitely did not create that situation for myself.

Share, contribute, read, or take space as you need to.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

If you haven't found the Toolbox yet, go check it out. The 100 Traits, What to Do, and What NOT to Do sections help people understand if they have found the right place or not.

This community excels at supporting those who struggle with the effects of anyone in their life with a personality disorder. PDs cause people to behave in ways poorly understood by many. But you are not alone.

We're here. Check out the topical boards like Chosen Relationships, and PD Parents. One or two are likely to be the right space for you, and you can read the recent threads and see if they resonate.

Welcome! You can beat this.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

HeatherAndGrass

Thank you 😢.  Where do I reply or discuss the situation, here or is there another section? I am trying to want to stay breathing while being tortured with stonewalling or the silent treatment. It has never happened in my recent relationship of almost 3 years and it came out of no where, really, no where. It has shocked me to my core. Sadly, I'm a veteran of abuse as I have been married to an abuser in the past and also have a narcissist parent (the dad). There wasn't even a red flag in this relationship. It's been almost bliss. He is/was always so kind, patient, polite, very very much a gentleman. This has shaken me to my core and triggered my PTSD. I'm scared... I'm very scared 😢

j.banquo

Quote from: HeatherAndGrass on November 18, 2021, 02:36:38 PM
Where do I reply or discuss the situation, here or is there another section?
Chosen Relationships - https://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?board=6.0 - is the space dedicated to discussing people you're in romantic relationships or friendships with.

Quote from: HeatherAndGrass on November 18, 2021, 02:36:38 PM
I am trying to want to stay breathing while being tortured with stonewalling or the silent treatment. It has never happened in my recent relationship of almost 3 years and it came out of no where, really, no where. It has shocked me to my core.... this has shaken me to my core and triggered my PTSD. I'm scared... I'm very scared 😢

That's a really intense and stressful circumstance to be in, I'm so sorry. Trying to think at all while someone is subjecting me to those tactics is for me impossible, so don't be hard on yourself.

In case it isn't a safe situation at some point, there are resources here: https://outofthefog.website/emergency

j.banquo