Under Contract today

Started by pushit, February 07, 2020, 08:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pushit

The housing market where I live is highly competitive right now, I put in offers twice in January offering $25k above asking and got beat by others.  My offer on a third house got accepted today, only $15k above asking, I close in early March.  I can't believe the feeling.  Feels like the last piece of the puzzle of moving on has fallen into place.

When I first moved into my rental house I certainly felt freedom, but it faded because it's a rental and I never felt motivated to make it my own, understandably.  Now, my 3 kiddos and I will get to move into a place we can call ours.  No more - waiting to buy furniture in case it doesn't work in the future house, having extra boxes of crap stacked in the basement because it's not worth it to unpack them.  Now we'll have something we can truly make our own.   :D 8-) :D 8-)

I'm currently sitting in my rental and blaring my favorite music as loud as I can with a beer in hand.   ;D  But really, I wanted to share this not only to express my own joy but to show others that are in the midst of the fight that earning your freedom certainly has its great moments on the other side.  Right now I feel lucky to be alive, and I hadn't felt that way in a long time.

pushit

Wrote that last sentence wrong - I feel like the luckiest SOB on the face of the earth, not lucky to be alive.  Beer...   ;D 8-)

Poison Ivy

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing this good news.

hhaw

Whoo hoo, Pushit!

Don't forget to dance: )

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Free2Bme