Big News to Share

Started by JustKeepTrying, June 19, 2023, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustKeepTrying

I haven't been around lately and a good deal has happened.

First, I have been full time travel in my little campervan now for several months and I love it.  I can't imagine a better life.

Second - and frankly most important - I visited my oncologist last week and I have been the news that I am fully in remission.  In the beginning, I was told it wasn't possible and after all the reoccurrences I thought it would be - but my life has been handed back to me and I am now able to really breathe and live and love my life.  I beat the odds of 1.7% survival.

Third - I met someone. Still early and we are going slow but I have committed to the person and we are taking the time to enjoy the process. 

If anyone had told me when I left my OCPD ex after thirty years of emotional, physical and financial abuse that I would be living this dream - I would have never believed them.

Love to you all!  JKT

Lookin 2 B Free

JKT,  How wonderful!!!  You are a bundle of inspiration!

I'm so glad you signed in to let us know what is going on.  I remember you sharing you were planning a life of travel. 

Full remission, against great odds - what wonderful good fortune.  I'm so happy for you!

And a new relationship to boot.  Taking it slowly, as you said.  That would be a top priority if I were to have another love relationship.  I truly believe it would have weeded out all PD's and abusive people. They're always in a big hurry.  I'm so glad to hear you're taking your time.

Thanks for sharing.  It was helpful and inspirational for me to read!   XO

Cascade

escapingman

WOW!

What an update!

Well done, I am so happy for you.

NarcKiddo

Fantastic! Talk about healing in every way. I am so very happy for you. Keep enjoying the camper van, and your new relationship, and LIFE!
Don't let the narcs get you down!

SonofThunder

Congratulations JKT on receiving the true gift of remission and being steadfast in pressing forward, despite tremendous difficulties in life. 

Congrats also as you seek companionship and friendship along life's journey!  I tip my hat to you for your adventurous spirit as you have boldly stepped forward into uncharted territories in your life and are making fantastic discoveries. 

See you around the boards and also among the campgrounds on your travels. Take that wonderful cane with you as you stroll in these beautiful places and let it be a reminder of the paths you have traveled and that you have a worldwide group of sisters and brothers who are your caring comrades. 

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

square

Absolutely fantastic news.

11JB68

xredshoesx

i am so happy to hear you are in remission!! 

Free2Bme

JKT,

So very happy for you, you have always been such an inspiration.

:bighug: