Out the door “I was looking at rings”

Started by sunshine702, April 20, 2024, 05:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine702

So I admit we are talking as I feel so darn gas lit and am looking for his perspective on closure.

Guess what he tell me today Foggers?!

That he was looking at engagement rings online and at Costco!!! 😳

See all my posts here about marriage.   And security.

Honestly this was a penny drop moment - this is cruel to be cruel.  I would rather he cheated

My Fogger thoughts?!

square

moglow

Uh huh. This really should have been on that list of likely responses. Yet less than a week ago he was throwing your stuff in the yard because you dared speak up your frustrations with him and his family. 

Talk is cheap, sunshine. Is talk of shiny things really going to change this relationship? 

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

sunshine702

Well Square I am a big believer In rule of 7 karma.  We will see

I was also looking at things  apartments in the big city -/ for months! 

Which is why I pulled the trigger so quick on my next to job place a heck of a deal compared to big city!!

sunshine702

No I can afford my own shiney thing always could.  Almost wore one out of insecurity but he made fun of it /me. I just wanted the security!  But he would not provide that then.  Choice made.  Good god I need to leave him to mommy.  Saw an add for mommy diamonds recently- not joking

sunshine702

Btw I asked for horse back riding for Christmas.  Still zilch

sunshine702

So honestly I started crying but in college within the first week I received a ring in the mail from frankly a hometown hookup.  While flattering my future was 1000 times brighter . It got mailed back with no thanks

Need to go back to 18!!

MaxedOut

Rebel13

"Sometimes you gotta choose what's safest and least painful for you and let other people tell the stories that they need to tell about why you did it." ~ Captain Awkward

Invisiblewoman

My brother used to do something similar. He would always promise things that he had actually hurt me with before.

Recently he told me he was buying me a house. This is the same man who stole all my possessions, after lying about helping me move, and forced me to move to a homeless shelter.

Just remember if it sounds like a dream come true, it's a lie.