2022 goals

Started by Associate of Daniel, December 10, 2021, 10:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

I'll start:

1.  I simply have to get my side fences replaced and hopefully a proper gate made for the yard.

2.  Maintain my current weight. (I've lost nearly 15kg this year!)

3. Continue decluttering.

4. Volunteer somewhere. Possibly a women's retreat that's in my area.

Ok. Who's next?

AOD

Associate of Daniel

And I'll add... begin transitioning my box dyed hair to it's natural white colour.

I've been going white since I was 19.  At nearly 52, I think it might now be time.

AOD

Andeza

White hair is beautiful!

1 Get chickens
2 Finish the garden beds and plant a full garden this spring
3 lose the last six pounds of pregnancy weight
4 work on my depression
5 potty train the toddler
6 finish organizing my kitchen to maximize space and usefulness
7 go through storage and make some decisions
8 optimize the family diet according to what our genetic ancestors ate and cut waaaaay back on sugar
9 pay off the vehicles by sticking to the budget

It's going to be an interesting year.  :thumbup:
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

GentleSoul

What a lovely idea, thank you for creating this thread, AOD.

Congratulations of your weight loss and the decluttering, great achievements.

My goals -

1.  Keep doing my daily recovery work with my recovery buddy to recover from late uPDhusband. So I can get physically and mentally well.

2.  Continue having a daily walk. This is such a boost to me.  A real uplift in my spirits.

3.  Love my home and caring for it.

4.  Enjoy my peace and quiet.

5.  Let new things flow into my life.

Hilltop

Great thread:

1.  Concentrate on health, making sure I am eating well, exercising and taking care of mental health
2.  Continue decluttering the house
3.  Finish some minor renovations to the house
4.  Cook more meals that are whole food and plant based
5.  Start to learn another language - this has been a goal going on 20 years and one year I will actually do it.  ;D

Associate of Daniel

Sounding good, everyone!

Wish me luck... I've made my first appointment to start the transition to a little old white haired lady.  3pm tomorrow.

:aaauuugh:   :spooked:

AOD

Kat54

Great thread

Goals:
Get more furniture and wall hangings in my semi empty house.
Start saving for my next car
Join an art group
Make a couple of new friends in my new town.

Sapling

Thanks for this thread AOD. Next year I would like to:

1. Move into a place of my own (I'm so done with flatmates)

2. Start dating again

3. Finish a creative project I'm working on with a friend

4. Go on a holiday  :)

Boat Babe

Quote from: Associate of Daniel on December 14, 2021, 01:43:32 AM
Sounding good, everyone!

Wish me luck... I've made my first appointment to start the transition to a little old white haired lady.  3pm tomorrow.

:aaauuugh:   :spooked:

AOD

Gonna look STUNNING.
It gets better. It has to.

1footouttadefog

I want to center my multiple goals around a single goal/effort.  I want to defund Giant Global Mega Corps by becoming more involved with my local community

Exercise by gardening, diy,  hiking and camping not a gym.

Buy more at local farm stands and farmers market.

Spend less time in YouTube/Google/ and spend more time reading and attending classes near me. 

I want to grow a larger garden than last year's and maybe even sell a little at the farmers market or send it with a neighbor who goes.

Buy more things used or recycled and spend less at big box stores. 

Declutter by taking things I am done with to the swap shed and check it for things I need.
Attend more free concerts and community events and festivals.

Plug my head into local and state politics so I actually know something about all the sets of names on the Ballot and don't feel like I should not vote because I don't know anything them. 

bee well

Hi All,

I agree, this is a cool thread! Thanks AOD!

Here's my New Years list.

I'd like to:

Eat less animal products

Use what I already have--don't buy what isn't necessary

Declutter

Read unread books that are sitting on the shelf

Do crafts

Concentrate more on breathing

JollyJazz

Awesome thread!

Mine are:

- getting own place (my own home)

- making new heathy friends in new town - choosing friendships thoughtfully and selectively

- trying out some new hobbies

- aiming for self care every day - good sleep, healthy food, exercise every day (big or small amount, as long as it's something), connect with a friend, caring person each day  :)

Hilltop

AOD - how is the hair coming along, are you happy with it, I bet it looks awesome.

I am also planning on spending less, not buying wasteful items, that's one thing COVID has given me, a distaste for shopping, I really don't like being in shopping centre's now.  I just want to buy what I really need. A while back I bought a rice cooker which lasted two cooks and I thought what am I doing, I can just cook it the normal way, it works and its easy, no more useless items for me.

One thing I will continue buying are plants though, I am filling out our garden with native plants so the wildlife and birds come in.  I love it.

Associate of Daniel

Thanks, Hilltop.

I'm really happy with the the way the hair is now blended.  I'm just not overly happy with the (my natural) colour!  Hopefully I can get it to a point where it's majority natural colour with some warmer highlights.

I will say, it was very nice to be pampered for an hour or so during the process.

I forgot in my original goal list to write that I want to read more.

I'm aiming for 25 to 30 books next year.

It's been lovely to read other people's goals for 2022.  Keep them coming!

AOD

Jolie40

continuing on with goals from last year to stress less, have more fun, and relax

we went to a cabin this past year which was a fun way to vacation while staying safe with covid
today, we booked a cabin again for 2022

got new family game for Christmas which we've been playing the past few evenings

watched family movie "Encanto"

off to a good start
be good to yourself

Hilltop

Hey AOD, glad you are liking the hair and I'm sure it will blend more over time. Some pampering is nice, I really need to go and get mine done but I keep putting it off. 

I have really gotten into audiobooks so I am definitely going to keep listening away in 2022, I love it.  I'm almost finished the first book of 2022 so off to a great start.  Hope you are going strong as well.

JustKeepTrying

love love love this thread!

I am completely gorgeous grey and I know you will rock it AOD.

All this goals are so inspiriing!

For me this year:
Find out what is causing all the pain; find a solution and get walking again.  First appt next week with a surgeon.  The good news is the MRI and subsequent tests show no signs of tumors.
Transition to an anti-inflammatory diet and focus on eating healthier - not a diet but cutting most sugars, etc.
Pack it all up and finally move to full-time travel by summer.
Practice more patience with myself and allow moments and space for growth.
When I'm mentally able, return to my writing and get another couple of books edited.  I wrote voraciously when in lockdown 2020 and 2021 so they are waiting patiently for my return.
Finally, breathe again, laugh more, and LIVE as a single, free woman.

1footouttadefog

My rice cooker is indispensible.

I am a bit add so things that do the job then turn off and wait for me are my helpers.  I love that I can start it then get other things done for a while then return to make a quick stir fry to go with the rice.  I usually make a friend rice for lunch the next day.

I added an Insta pot a few years back wow, Now I can do all sorts of things and have it turn off and wait for me.

I hate the clutter if the small appliances so there is a war within.  But I did not ask for a disabled spouse on top of being ADD and raising kids as if a single mom.  So if this keeps me safe and sane I will overlook the clutter for now.

I get the aggregation of having stuff not work out.  I ordered a pill cutter.  The blade is mounted wrong and the pills get cut way off center.  I have to send it back to get a refund  so a box and fuel will be used for that plus my time.

I am tempted to just toss it. 

Andeza

Okay, I'm going to bump this with an update! My goals were

1 Get chickens
2 Finish the garden beds and plant a full garden this spring
3 lose the last six pounds of pregnancy weight
4 work on my depression
5 potty train the toddler
6 finish organizing my kitchen to maximize space and usefulness
7 go through storage and make some decisions
8 optimize the family diet according to what our genetic ancestors ate and cut waaaaay back on sugar
9 pay off the vehicles by sticking to the budget

Doing pretty good! Number 9 is well underway as well. By the end of this month or next month we will have one of three vehicles paid off.
Remember, that there are no real deadlines for life, just society's pressures.      - Anonymous
Lasting happiness is not something we find, but rather something we make for ourselves.

Hilltop

1footouttadefog - if the rice cooker worked I am sure it would have been great but I decided on the cheap one and it broke.  Not surprising, lol.  I also have limited kitchen space so I decided not to replace it.  There is appeal to throwing it in and not having to worry about it.

My goals were:

1.  Concentrate on health, making sure I am eating well, exercising and taking care of mental health
2.  Continue decluttering the house
3.  Finish some minor renovations to the house
4.  Cook more meals that are whole food and plant based
5.  Start to learn another language - this has been a goal going on 20 years and one year I will actually do it.

Wow I am actually pretty happy with my NY resolutions this year.  I have actually lost weight which I am happy with and I am enjoying new plant based meals.  The house is decluttered and although we have done some of the renovations there are more to go, that will be ongoing but it is started.

The language,  ;D, I really want to start this one this year but I have my doubts, it may be a 2023 goal. 

I am rarely at the shops now and have only bought a couple of items I actually need and I'm spending more time outdoors and in nature, so I am living in a more minimalist way which I enjoy.

Andeza, I am happy that you are getting through your goals as well.  It's a really good feeling.  I must admit I am usually pretty bad with them but this year I have been quite motivated.  Thanks for revisiting this thread.