So grateful for this forum

Started by cosettedaring, June 07, 2020, 01:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosettedaring

I'm here in the "honeymoon" phase right now and I don't want this anymore.  There is absolutely no denying who he is anymore.  And yet, the things he says to me....they make me question myself.  I just need to stay strong and I have realized that I am going to need support.  I need to feel like I'm not a crazy person.

I have journaled, read many books on this topic, found a daily yoga practice, all to build myself back up.  Because I know that in the past I was partaking in this game.  I would fight dirty along with him.  But I have grown and I have learned from my mistakes.  I have learned about vulnerability and healthy communication.  I have learned the kind of life I want.  This isn't it.

I am here because I want to learn how to be stronger.  Sometimes I feel strong, but I am often fearful too.  Thank you.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG.

We all get it, in our own ways. And in another sense, as I am sure you know, your path is yours alone. So you've found a bunch of folks on similar paths through similar woods, and we are safe.

I look forward to seeing you out on the boardas. As you invest in us, please invest in your FOC. You need that one or two most trusted friends to walk with you: to tell the truth and to hold the lamp.

Be good. Be strong.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

PeanutButter

Cosettedaring, hi and welcome.

I am grateful for this forum too!

I relate to what you said. As I started getting to know my inner self I found so many of my struggles were fear based. IME all i knew to do was just start acknowledging these one at a time. Most of the fears were not spporting a positive experience. Alot of the fears were what was modeled to me by my pd parents.

Its hard work for me. These boards are very useful in it.

If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle