Sam Vaknin youtubes

Started by InTheDragonsDen, March 31, 2023, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InTheDragonsDen

Have been watching / reading some of Sam Vaknin's material.
Interesting to see how at least he as a narcissist interprets our interactions.

Narcissists have "cold empathy": Empathy to find our weaknesses. Use our weaknesses to obtain their goals (Money, sex, power, control, etc). What can I get out of this person???

Never ever show the narcissist any emotion "Any emotion you show the narcissist can and will be used against you".

Your emotion is information to the narcissist and they will use that information against you.

"Never ever offer the narcissist help or advice" Narcissist will look at this as your weakness and something they can use against you. They will also think you are manipulating them by offering advice. "Narcissist will never forgive you for offering help / advice".

"Many of you love the narcissist. What's wrong with you? That is a different lecture"

Listening to Sam Vaknin's lectures left me with the a picture of a wolf in sheep's clothing and each of us has let a wolf into our lives. It really is a mind trip. Never too late to learn how to select the right friends, the right partner into our lives. Sharing life with others is the single greatest part of life, whether it is a friend or partner and that is something the narcissist will never obtain. I am sure my wife gets some real highs from some of the things she does but everyday now for months it has been a constant unending complaining / criticism about everyone and anything. If you need alcohol, or drugs, or the drug of attention / validation to get your high expect peaks and valleys forever.

Highly recommend Dr. Ramani, Dr. Les Carter and Prof. Sam Vaknin. All have their own technique and views on narcissism.

How Narcissist Experiences/Reacts to No Contact, Grey Rock, Mirroring, Coping, Survival Techniques on youtube.

bloomie

Hi there. Moved these recommendations over to the online resources board.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.