Received a letter through post today

Started by The New Me!, October 29, 2019, 02:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The New Me!

Hi, I received a letter through the post today from my Mum.

Recently, I didn't send my Mum or step-dad a birthday card.

I didn't open the letter and put it through the shredder!

It just never goes away does it?

illogical

Bravo, The New Me!
That is really great you weren't interested in the letter.  It shows you have emotionally detached and are focusing on living your life sans PDs.   :cheers:
"Applying logic to potentially illogical behaviour is to construct a house on shifting foundations.  The structure will inevitably collapse."

__Stewart Stafford

TwentyTwenty

Great job!! Keep Moving Forward!

A while back a BD card came after 1 1/2 half years NC.. it was in a nice steakhouse envelope, so my wife removed the giift card without opening to read it, and we sent the gift card to friends in another state 😁

The New Me!

Hi

It just makes me feel sad, but going back a total of 4 times in the past three years and nothing changing, I doubt the letter had anything new to say to make me feel that anything was any different.  Just possibly an emotionally manipulative letter stating how devastated she was I didn't send her a birthday card!

LifeIsWorthLiving

Good for you. I recently just did the same thing! I think they will keep showing up and trying to mess with my life, but their attempts are not too invasive and I am happy to say I care less and less if and when they do reach out.

Blueberry Pancakes

I think simply taking the letter and putting it into the shredder was a healthy move. The timing of it to arrive after you did not recognize your mother's birthday was likely not a coincidence. They may have composed that letter in response to you not acknowledging that event.  When that is done, I would bet it was self-motivated on their part, focused on what they need, how they feel, and perhaps projecting onto you the very same things you are distancing yourself from. It is the same we do when blocking calls or deleting voicemails without listening to them.  It is done as an act to preserve your well-being, and that is always OK.