Left the family WhatsApp group

Started by Hattie, September 01, 2021, 03:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hattie

My bro set the group up a month or so ago, much to my dismay.

I have set a boundary with my mum that I don't want her forwarding texts/ photos from other family members. Which she does ALL THE TIME. So intrusive ( Anyone else deal with that? )

I opened my texts today to find that she had forwarded a pic of a new baby to the group. Apparently my cousin's wife has just given birth. I had no idea that she was pregnant, as they live in another country and I see them about once every 5 years. It upset me to see the pic, as I have been struggling with infertility for 10 years and have done 5 cycles of IVF. I don't get how my mum can think it is OK to be casually forwarding me baby pics given that. Particularly when I had requested her not to forward me stuff. So profoundly insensitive.

I get that it is a happy occasion for my cousin and his wife,  but I'm sure they have plenty of other people to celebrate with. My mum could have just told me over the phone and left it at that.

So I left the group!   :tongue2: Pretty proud of myself! Insensitive spam begone!
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

SunnyMeadow

Quote from: Hattie on September 01, 2021, 03:23:14 PM

I have set a boundary with my mum that I don't want her forwarding texts/ photos from other family members. Which she does ALL THE TIME. So intrusive ( Anyone else deal with that? 

Yes, mine will forward truly personal emails from others. It's terrible.

Good for you leaving the group!! Those things are more hassle than they're worth  :cheer: