I spoke

Started by Roza, August 26, 2019, 08:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roza

I met with my NPD sis and normal sister.  I apologized for a mistake and I broke down and cried. I told them that they hurt me. Telling me that I was the unwanted child, while one NPD sis was moms GC and my normal sister was dad's favorite.  That hurt and that it broke me. I told them that I am in therapy.  The normal sister was kind and hugged me and it felt very genuine while the NPD sister  too hugged me and I didn't get the true genuine feeling.  She was more fake. She tells me she went to therapy and it took her 2 yrs get get over stuff. It was for her divorce not dealing with lost child, SG, and child adult. I was the doormat for so long that I broke after reading what my normal sister wrote of me being unwanted.  I am not going to fall for it. Normal sister said she did it for tough love, bcz I was acting differently.  I was getting my own life back. I was tired of  taking care of everyone else but myself.  NPD sister is not genuine, she still has something up her sleeve as always, to get what she wants.  NPD sister asked if my therapist put me on meds already.  She doesn't care about me, it's all about her.  She says that I have a support system with them. I don't feel that way.  I will be cordial but that is it. I don't have to accept my NPD sister back into my life like before? I can just be, right? She has a miserable life and she will bring me back down and I don't want that in my life.

SerenityCat

You can just be.

You don't have to interact with your NPD sis.

You don't have to give your NPD sis any information about yourself, at all. You don't have to tell her anything about your health.

You don't have to give your normal sis any info either. You don't have to discuss anything with either one of them.

I'm glad that you are in therapy. Therapy sure helped me out.

Best wishes as you continue your journey. I hope that you choose your own safety and well being over anything else.