Advocating for myself without my wife!

Started by Samuel S., August 06, 2020, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samuel S.

Thank you for the awesome support! Having one's physical health is exceptionally important for all of us! If only our PDs would appreciate us!

ToAudrey

Glad to hear the MRI saw no masses! Wonderful news. Hope you get a good plan in place for the artery. Sorry that you had such a negative reaction from W and none at from her D.

1footouttadefog

Good news!

Maybe a road trip in a new car is due.

Samuel S.

After my Memorial Day fainting, injuring myself, hospitalization, heart monitoring, carotid artery scare, and just general anxiety due to my PD wife and this whole COVID-19, I went to see my primary doctor today to get more Xanax which I got. Now, my concern is weight loss. I have lost 20 pounds in 4 months. I was actually afraid to mention it to my doctor due to my PD wife's normal anti-health stance, but I had to mention it to him. He asked me the normal questions about my diet, etc., which is okay, and I feel okay physically, although I do get exhausted at times. So, he has referred to colonoscopy doctor to check to see if I have blood or not. So, I am trying to make that appointment.

Meantime, I came back, told my PD wife about what's going on. For once, instead of her normal anti-health stance, she said: "you got to do what you gotta do." Later, she said I need to eat 2 bananas a day instead of 1.

Considering how she is and all of these medical conditions have taken place, I feel like a worn out car, but I keep myself active with teaching and tutoring which have been helpful for the people I work with, and it has had a benefit for me to keep myself focused on what I love doing, to teach, to tutor, and even oftentimes more important, to listen to make that personal connection.

1footouttadefog

Is it possible that the weight loss could be for indirectly positive reasons.  E.g., positive changes due to negative stimuli.

For example of you are coming into a further degree of acceptance regarding your wife maybe there is less of certain kinds of stress.

Or if in worrying about the neck growths, you watched your eating or ate less,

Or being home more with all the covid stuff you changed eating patterns, like avoiding kitchen to avoid interactions and potential confrontations for example.

I have been doing thst last one, and have lost 10 pounds.

I hope there is not more health concerns for you, keep pressing forward with self advocacy.