Its not a bloody taxi!

Started by Hazy111, September 11, 2019, 09:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hazy111

Just remembering the bizarre behaviors of uNpd dad.

We had a family car. Mother didnt drive and father didnt drive to work and we were obviously too young to drive  Apart from shopping and holidays once a year and journeys to visit the odd relation, what was the purpose of the car?

If we ever dared to ask for a lift somewhere as we got older, we were met with  "Its not a bloody taxi" , so learnt not to ask and he obviously never volunteered to take us anywhere.

Later he did allow me to use it to visit a girlfriend, but it was such an issue i mainly got the bus.

When he finally got rid of it, the guy couldnt believe the low mileage considering the age.

p123

Ha ha my Dad would be like that....

If he ever learned to drive. Never did. Too much hassle. Easier to get someone else to do it for him.

I remember once him telling me I must be rich filling the tank (£80). I really don't know what he thinks cars run on!

Hazy111

It was about control. It was his car and he decided how it was to be used.

He also used to spend ages parking it in a small garage at the back of the house, you could barely get out of the car once parked. The door paint got chipped from constantly banging against the garage wall. I said why not park it on the road in front of the house. "No, it could get stolen" Stolen! It was worth tuppence. He could of course had a new garage built. He could afford it.

That car was never parked in front of the house. PDs often have co morbid compulsions and obsessions.