It's all falling into place

Started by wasted_tropics, November 04, 2020, 09:52:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasted_tropics

Last month has been a whirlwind. STBX has been raging that papers weren't coming fast enough(she has some hidden reason to want a divorce as fast as possible now). My work is pretty insane, so I haven't been making her a priority, and I had several business trips. I was planning on serving her after the last one, which ended yesterday.

But the battleground shifted before my last trip. While my girlfriend and I were at a good friend's house carving pumpkins, she blew up my phone saying that(all paraphrased) she knew I had slept with someone who I was investigated for sleeping with last year(we're in the military. I had left my wife already but because she was refusing to sign any form of papers and stalking/harrassing me, I could have gotten in trouble for it. Long story short, I didnt, and have been dating that person for over a year now. She's been the biggest possible boon to my mental health). She also claimed she knew I had some new girl. Just blowing up my phone demanding complete compliance with any demand of hers.

Fast forward to the next morning and my girlfriend is contacted  by her(and by next morning I mean 2 AM), trying to get details from her on a closed investigation(which is illegal). We took everything to our leadership, who instantly turned around and started producing a Military Protective Order(essentially a restraining order). My STBX ceased all contact, because she knew if she didn't, she would lose rank and pay.

But, on the trip, I was served. The papers are reasonable. Alimony rights are waived. My lawyer is running over them now. He says I could be officially divorced before the month is over. I think I might be at the end of the nightmare.

blunk

It's great to hear that you are making progress towards the divorce. I'm sorry to hear that you still have to put up with things like 2 am phone calls. Hopefully the MPO keeps her at bay until everything is finalized. Good luck!