just wondering

Started by Misha, January 22, 2019, 10:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misha

How are some ways to cope with unbearable isolation and loneliness. My husband alienated me from my grown sons and is now working on my 12 year old daughter. I am isolated and lonely as it is because he is a suspected mid level narc. and he's used the last seven years to publicly craft my image to his benefit. He has even managed to alter my own mother's viewpoints, via my oldest son. I get accused of things I am not doing and my sons and husband discount everything I think and feel. I have nothing left of me. If it were not for the sake of my daughter, I'd kill myself.

So, how are some ways to cope with unbearable isolation and loneliness.

Spygirl

Youre not alone, you have all of us, and we really do care
I am so sorry you have such despair at the moment. Please be patient with yourself, things do get better. Your children and family will eventually come round when they notice you dont match up to the stories being told.
Several people in this group have been in your shoes, and they are managing, and things are improving for them. It will for you too. Hang in there :bighug:

Misha

Kat54

I feel for you Misha, and you are not alone.  The loneliness and isolation can be unbearable. Some days for me can be real bad and depressing.   Are there friends you can reach out to or a therapist? I have felt all that with my two young adult children from their father saying things to them, painting me as the instigator and I've gone off to have an affair. Unfortunately they live at home with him; my daughter is away at college thankfully.  The road was very rocky in the beginning believing everything he said and my ex acting dramatic around them. They are adults and I can see they are figuring it out as they know I have always been the calm reasonable one. My words to them, I will never lie or spread untruths about their father and if they feel unsure about what I may be doing concerning the divorce, to come and ask me questions. The door is always open and they know that.

Coping through the loneliness has been through my art, its like my meditation.  I know it maybe sounds corny or flaky but getting your mind away from all that is very helpful. Try yoga or meditation, its helped me tremendously.  My siblings and a few close friends who I seek out.  They have all been very supportive.  And no contact or very little with the ex is helpful I've learned.

Stay strong, you will get through this.

sevenyears

Misha - you are not alone. Can you find a therapist - soon? Especially one with experience with partners who have PDs and/or with parental alienation?  A local DV shelter might be a good starting place for referrals. But, any therapist who can help you find your inner strength will be helpful as you go through this. Hugs