Is this passive-aggressive or is it normal and healthy?

Started by TreeDreamer, October 23, 2021, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneezy

I thought of this discussion when I was out with Mom today.  Here is a great example of a passive-aggressive (or maybe just aggressive?) gift.  Mom took a frozen pizza out of the freezer and put it in her refrigerator a week ago (for those of you who don't eat frozen pizza, it is supposed to stay frozen until you cook it).  Today, she wanted to "give" it to me and I was supposed to be grateful.  She actually said that if I didn't take it and cook it for my family, she would be forced to throw it away.  And now she's ticked off because I wouldn't take it and wasn't sufficiently grateful for a soggy old pizza that would probably make my family sick if we actually at it  :doh:

I am seriously at the end of my rope with her!!!

Call Me Cordelia

:o

That's just gross, but I've read lots of examples (and lived a few) of PDs trying to force feed us truly bad food. Talk about as clear as an example as it gets for supposed maternal care being harmful and toxic! :barfy:

jennfr

Quote from: Call Me Cordelia on October 29, 2021, 04:44:37 PM
:o

That's just gross, but I've read lots of examples (and lived a few) of PDs trying to force feed us truly bad food. Talk about as clear as an example as it gets for supposed maternal care being harmful and toxic! :barfy:

I think think this must be more common than I had thought.  Beyond her obsession with supplements, my mom's PD-relationship with food is disordered beyond comprehension, and she has spent my life attempting to subject me to food lunacy.