Work stuff

Started by 11JB68, June 13, 2020, 12:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

I feel like I've seen a lot here lately about chronically unemployed or under employed pwpd.
Uocpdh:
Worked a lot as a kid.
Went to college where we met. Wanted to get married but wanted a job first.
He said he wanted banking
My m got him an interview at a local bank. This should have been a red flag: he got me to call them and cancel it cuz he was'sick'... Didn't reschedule, he didn't want to be a teller...(that was beneath him). M was embarrassed.
I helped him get a job in a different financial field.
He worked at that co for about 9 years. Workaholic. Moved up. Etc.
Claimed the commute got to him, why elsewhere.
Next job was there for about 2 years... Miserable, 'stressed', 'crazy boss'. Was going to leave, offered promotion in different department/different boss.
Did not take it. Left, with no alternate lined up. ASKED me if he should leave I said no, he did anyway
Then... Since he couldn't find a job, insisted I get him a job where I worked.
That was a nightmare... Workaholic and insisted I stay with him after hours...ds was young...I would go pick him up and bring him to the office. H fought with the boss...I didn't like it there anyway...h at risk of being fired...I found a new job... We both left. H with no other job. (He supposedly can't or won't look for a job while at a job, hates interviewing, etc)
Starts his own business. Tries to get his relatives and my relatives to help him out. Insists that I have to help him (I was doing A LOT). Makes nearly nothing for about 5 years. Constant complaints about the work and clients. Finally gets a decent client then that dried up... Got another decent client about 7 years ago... (Still, under earning... Only really working about 20-30 hours per week)Starting 2 years ago split that client and has almost fired him/quit with him 3 times. Now he's saying due to stress he wants to reduce to..... Drum roll... 8 hours per week!!!
Yet he is the 'financial expert' who's good at math.... I'm not good at math but I know we can't afford to live on 1/3 of his income (plus mine).

GettingOOTF

My ex was like this except he worked much less than yours. When I met him he actually had the job I wanted. We worked at the same place and he was admired for his work ethic and generally how he handled situations and other people.

He quit pretty much as soon as we were married to follow some pipe dream job which he was laid off from during an industry downturn. He never really worked again. This was about 8 months after we were married.

It was hell as we were constantly in debt, never had money and could never get any kind of financial stability.

I left him. He suddenly got a job. He moved in with someone else and years later he still has that job. He makes significantly less than I do but it’s still above the Median for our area.

My therapist said that he’s kept this job because he knows his GF won’t tolerate him not working. My ex is actually very smart and skilled at many things. He chose not to work because I let him. We’ve been divorced for years and he still has this job. When we were married he was never at a job for more than a year. Some times it was a little as a few months.