Confusing behavior from SIL

Started by Danie, May 16, 2022, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloomie

Danie - What a stressful, unpleasant experience this is for you and how destructive your bil's behaviors toward you are. My heart goes out to you.

Quote from: Danie on August 30, 2023, 11:28:00 AMI feel like this is too much. Inside I'm feeling broken and I told my husband this could really break me. I've had other traumas to overcome and being treated like this is overwhelmingly painful and confusing. I can just not go and wait it out, but I worry so much BIL will rip us off again and who knows if I can trust H? He talks out of both sides of his mouth.

For many years I didn't listen to this exact message my heart, soul, body was giving me in my own challenges with in laws and gobsmacking financial entitlement. I am sitting here on the other side of the screen shouting in a loving way, that your health and well being is what matters most. Protect yourself!

I am struggling with some troublesome health issues due to the years of stressful, disrespectful, invalidating, cruel behaviors toward me and my own H's enmeshment, waffling, and failure to advocate and stand in the gap for me. I entreat you to step back and figure out what YOU need to be at peace.

When you figure that out... you act on it. And you better believe we are here with you as you do!
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.