I just joined

Started by Timmycat, May 29, 2023, 09:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmycat

Hello,
I just joined and I think this might be a safe place to talk and ask questions and get support.  My therapist told me about this site.  I have been reading and a lot of things start to make sense.  I have been married for 35 years and my husband and I have two children.  He was a great father and we functioned well as a team while the children were growing up.  After they left everything seemed to fall apart.  I guess there are so many things I never noticed or just didn't have time to deal with.  Anyways, I want to say "Hi!".  I am not sure what personality disorder my husband has, but I am reading here and trying to understand what I am dealing with.  I look forward to getting to know everyone.

notrightinthehead

Welcome to this informative and supportive space.  I sometimes think it doesn't matter to have the right diagnosis, what matters is, we have very difficult people in our lives and need to find a better way to handle ourselves and how we act with them. Check out the Toolbox for ideas. See you around on the boards.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

SonofThunder

Quote from: notrightinthehead on May 30, 2023, 12:08:39 AM
Welcome to this informative and supportive space.  I sometimes think it doesn't matter to have the right diagnosis, what matters is, we have very difficult people in our lives and need to find a better way to handle ourselves and how we act with them. Check out the Toolbox for ideas. See you around on the boards.

Another warm welcome here!   :yeahthat: +1

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.