My car sounds like an orchestra

Started by Associate of Daniel, March 18, 2019, 01:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Associate of Daniel

Or rather, the percussion section of a really bad orchestra on a really bad day.

It's slightly overdue for a service and has clocked almost 250,000kms.

I can't find the time to get it done.  I'm a single mum earning half the average income across 3 casual jobs.  If I don't work I don't get paid.

Why am I writing this?

Because it brings back painful memories of when I was married to uNPD exH.

Most married people, I'm sure, help their spouses with practical stuff like servicing the car. They give them a lift back from the garage or lend them their car, or something.

Not my uNPD exH. At least, not for the last several years of our marriage.

It hurts to be hated so much. But even if the hate hadn't been there, his complete indifference and lack of concern is mind boggling.  Who treats anyone like that?

If an acquaintance asked me for assistance to get their car serviced I'd do all I could to help.  How much more should a spouse?

It hurts. And especially when no one else I know (apart from uNPD exH's uNPD wife) thinks of me the same way that he does.

It hurts and it's incomprehensible.

Right.  I'm off to nut out how to get my car in for servicing without losing any income...

AOD

practical

Yes, that should have been no big deal at all, really in a way something you do together even if it is your car as overall it is like you "part" of the family.

Do you have a regular place you go to? Our place is nice enough to bring you back to your house or the next bus stop/train station after dropping off the car. They combine it often with taking the car out for a spin to see what is wrong with it. Might not hurt to ask. They also pick you up when the car is ready so you can retrieve it.
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

1footouttadefog

I hope you can work out a solution.

I am guessing  it hurts less to need a ride when you don't have one instead of it not being provided by your spouse.

There are so very many ways that pd people often treat their partners worse than a stranger.  You could likely pick a random man as the grocery market and get better treatment.

Associate of Daniel

My car is fixed.

It was on the hoist for 4 days while they waited for a part.

They gave me a courtesy car for the whole time.

It cost less than most of the services do.

God is good!

AOD

practical

Happy to hear it!

And it was totally free of any abusive episode by Ex - priceless!  :bigwink: :bighug:
If I'm not towards myself, who is towards myself? And when I'm only towards myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Rabbi Hillel)

"I can forgive, but I cannot afford to forget." (Moglow)

Associate of Daniel

Yes!  Thank-you for that reminder.

AOD