Hypochondriac Problems

Started by Juju, February 27, 2024, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juju

I haven't written in in quite a few months as things are going well and we are pretty happy together!  I find a lot of the old problems are coming to light again, like him being a hypochondriac and how he panics about doing anything outside of his comfort zone.  My partner needs medical things done but avoid avoid avoid.  I never bring up going anywhere together as it is impossible to make plans with him. I'm starting to feel sorry for myself again and I hate that feeling. I plan things with the few friends I do have but I find it a little sad when I see couples on vacations together.
He says sometimes he feels sorry for me being with someone like him .... this I find worse because he knows his issues but again refuses not to face any of them.
Frustrating ..... does anyone else have problems like this with their partners? 

sunshine702

Yeah - the sad seeing other couples out being normal.  Yep.  If I want to do something I have to do it by myself and yeah look over at the loving couple and get sad too.  Or I could ask for months and have him act really pissy as I ask.  Then we suffer through it - and yeah I end up feeling sorry for myself as well.  His is more social anxiety than hypochondriac but yes we also don't travel.  I have to travel by myself as always

Juju

Well its nice to know other people also have these issues, I use to think it was stubbornness but think it is mental illness, as there is just no budging on any of the issues its like he is deaf dumb and blind when it comes to his own problems but seems to clearly see other peoples. We have been going like this for over 7 years now broke up for a year once and realized we  were happier together than apart, but I still feel sorry for me at times!

Cascade

My pdh isn't a hypochondriac but I can sure relate to not being able to do things as a couple. And then feeling sad when I watch other happy couples interacting with each other.