Am I That Naive?

Started by Kat54, September 09, 2019, 11:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

My take on the world in general are that people are mostly good and will try to do the right thing. Can I believe my stbxNPDh will really take this divorce to the end and end up in a trial and then bingo...he can't buy the house?  And even after the judge will order it put on the market he will stay in it as long as humanly possible. The house needs to be legalized with a third floor sprinkler system. We had finished it off illegally a few years ago and now the CO needs to be updated if the house has to be put on the market.
My lawyer, and my brother the judge have said he appears all convincing in wanting to get this settled and buy me out but in reality he probably doesn't have the means aside from being approved for a mortgage; and this is all smoke and mirrors. It will come crashing down soon,
We have a stipulation of settlement that needs to be signed in order to avoid going back to court. I received it and had asked for a few changes. Some financial things were not accurate, and that would impact how much I would receive in the buyout of the house. Plus 1/2 the inside contents.. And my lawyer wanted to put in some lawyer fees, as my ex has continually held things up. If he won't pay I would not hold up this divorce over that.
We sent it back to his lawyer three weeks ago. Have not heard anything back since. Court is coming this week and it will be a pre-trial hearing if the stipulation agreement is not signed. 
My fog continues is all I can say, thinking he wants to do the right thing.  Or does this look like a guy who wants to take this all the way to a trial, lose and then blame me?  He's said to me he just want to get this done with.  He acts innocent with this smile on his face in public, In private, not so much.  Based on his past, and I forget because maybe I want to block it out. He lies all the time, and he manipulates. 
He may have a different agenda going on? 

notrightinthehead

It sounds like you have good counsel from your lawyer and your brother. Do they think that he can manipulate the system to disadvantage you? And is there any way you can prevent that?
I have found that sometimes I started to think in convoluted, complicated ways, just like my NPDh and I needed a practical, logical, down to earth person to lead me Out of the FOG and see the path again.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.