The smear

Started by Findingmyvoice, February 14, 2019, 10:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Findingmyvoice

This is a vent more than anything.
I left exBPDw in April, she in our home, I am paying for everything plus spousal.  She has disability income as well. She is not financially supporting the kids at all.
I am lucky that my parents buy groceries because after the kids expenses I wouldn't be able to afford them.
My daughter is wearing a winter jacket that is too small, my son's gym shoes don't fit and I don't have money to buy them new stuff. 
I have told her because I know she has lots of money and she denies that they need clothes.  She won't even give me my own clothes from our home.
Over the last few weeks I have been transferring the accounts for her satellite tv, internet and utilities to her name.
I have asked a few times to negotiate about interim expenses and she will not reply and I literally cannot afford to support her any more.

So I started sending her messages on OFW, about one a week saying that I can't afford to pay for this bill, I will transfer it to her name of she wants to continue the service.  If i don't hear from her by a certain date, i will assume she no longer wants the service and I will close my account.
Interestingly, the satellite TV was not a problem.  She transferred that one within hours, she has no problem paying for a luxury item for herself.
The rest she broadcasts out for everyone to see and doesn't reply until after the deadline when I have already closed my account.

So, yesterday she posted my messages on social media with a rant about what a rotten person I am and how I am evil to my kids for "cutting her off".
There are a few people I know that she hasn't blocked from her social media that told me about this, and they know the situation so that doesn't bother me.
I just wonder if other people believe her warped side of the story.
I guess it just shows that she really doesn't understand the situation or take any accountability for herself.

sad_dog_mommy

I know it stings to hear that she is falsely airing your dirty laundry but remember the source.  As I read your post I was reminded of a Dr. Seuss quote.  "those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".   Your real friends know the truth.  That is what matters. 

Hold your head high and walk tall knowing you have done the right thing for your children and yourself.  I know things are tough financially right now but it wont be like this forever. 
Sometimes you don't realize you're actually drowning when you are trying to be everyone else's anchor.   

Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.

Unconditional love doesn't mean you have to unconditionally accept bad behavior.

KFel024

Dear Findingmyvoice,

That all sounds pretty rough.  Please do your best to focus on the children and on yourself.  You cannot control her.  The good news though is that you can control yourself. 

Do you have the ability/desire to have her removed from the household?  Regardless, not to be petty, but please do consider cancelling the satellite TV service.  Providing her with some time to think/reflect about herself may not be the worst thing in the world, assuming nobody's safety is put into jeopardy.

Also, totally concur with sad_dog_mammy's Dr. Seuss quote.  Spot on.