Time for a small celebration

Started by escapingman, February 01, 2023, 02:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escapingman

I just realised that it was one year since I filed for the divorce quite recently. I can't believe what a year it has been and how far me and DD has come. I still haven't finalised the divorce but hopefully that is not to far away. The battle for GC is more tricky and right now I have paused it completely.

But I am going to say to me one year ago, thank you, thank you, thank you for filing! The peace beats it all.

Poison Ivy

Hurray to you for reaching this milestone!

losingmyself

Congratulations and many more days of peace for you and your kids!
:drinks:

guitarman

Congratulations on all that you have achieved for yourself and your children. It takes so much courage to set boundaries and put your own needs first. I know. It's not easy. Other people really don't understand unless they've experienced similar situations themselves.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". You've come such a long way from where you were.
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author

Pepin

I have always been amazed at how baby steps add up to be something big.  Wishing you all the best going forward!   :cheer:

pushit

EM - I'm not on here much anymore, but I jumped on tonight and I'm very happy to read this post.  You certainly have come a long way, I can feel your newfound peace in your writing.  You may have setbacks along the way (as I have), but it will just keep getting better.  Cheers bud, very happy for you!!!

Kat54

Congratulations! The peace in your life will be good and the process getting there was so worth it.

square

You've come a long way on many levels, EM.