I’m so excited!

Started by CoffeeCup2, February 18, 2019, 10:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffeeCup2

I just booked a weekend getaway with friends!!

Not only have I never done this before, it is happening the same week that I know uNPDx would have had his kids over for a visit, meaning I would be forced into the "be a mother for my kids and don't you dare think of doing anything for yourself" mode.

There's actually two really fun things I'm doing that week. Both would have resulted in very negative reactions from uNPDx if I chose to do either one, let alone both. I would have been guilted in not choosing to be a family with uNPDx and his kids. I would have been made to feel bad for abandoning them and choosing to have fun with friends. Actually forget it, I would have been scorned for having friends in the first place. These are friends I got close with right before we broke up, and he disliked them very much (without even meeting them).

Even if I was sitting at home staring at my walls, I would be way happier than being in the situation I know I'd be in with him and the kids. Thinking about this just brings back the feelings of unease and disappointment I had, knowing damn well I did NOT want to cater to him and his kids, yet was quasi-forced to due to his anger issues and absurd way of thinking.

I don't think it's sunk in quite yet :)

Summer Sun

This is exciting,  CoffeeCup!  Sounds like fun, nurture and creativity all wrapped up together!  Enjoy yourself. 

Creating your own joy, you go girl!

Summer Sun
"The opposite of Love is not Hate, it's Indifference" - Elie Wiesel

SonofThunder

:like:  :applause: Excellent!!  Have a great time.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

KFel024

Dear CoffeeCup2,

Good for you and hope you have nice time.  Is important to both treat oneself and try new things.

Please let us know how it goes.  Also, please do your best to leave the baggage at your door step prior to leaving.

Take care.

Spygirl

Let your hair down, laugh too much, smile too much, eat food you like, and go to bed exhaused!

openskyblue

I'm so happy for you!  Enjoy!