“Ugly Duckling” story

Started by Dandelion, April 24, 2021, 05:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandelion

I came across this article today and wanted to share, in case some found it interesting or helpful. I think the article is also referencing Myers Briggs, especially the "Intuitive", INFJ, INFP etc. experience.  I might add it another time to the 'healing' part of Forum.

https://typeindepth.com/2016/09/the-ugly-duckling/

Wishing everyone a good weekend
:bighug:

GettingOOTF

This was a great article. I haven't thought about that story for years. It's funny because when my parents would read it to us everyone would say I was the ugly duckling.

nanotech

Quote from: Dandelion on April 24, 2021, 05:56:01 AM
I came across this article today and wanted to share, in case some found it interesting or helpful. I think the article is also referencing Myers Briggs, especially the "Intuitive", INFJ, INFP etc. experience.  I might add it another time to the 'healing' part of Forum.

https://typeindepth.com/2016/09/the-ugly-duckling/

Wishing everyone a good weekend
:bighug:
Thanks for posting this article. So so interesting and relatable. I always loved and held onto this story as a child.

Hepatica

Thank you so much for this. This was my favourite childhood story, and it also made me so sad. Later in life I was asked by someone what my favourite story was as a child and I said this one, and apparently they said whatever story resonated with you greatly as a child, relates to your journey later in life.

Very interesting article.

Oh! Adding that every time I've done the MyersBriggs - I've come up either INFJ or INFP.
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

GettingOOTF

Quote from: Hepatica on May 04, 2021, 07:03:43 AM
Later in life I was asked by someone what my favourite story was as a child and I said this one, and apparently they said whatever story resonated with you greatly as a child, relates to your journey later in life.

This is an interesting take. I always related to this and Cinderella.  Thinking about it they do both somewhat mirror my life. Though I've yet to meet a prince  8-)

Hepatica

GettingOOTF - Keep being your own INNER prince!!! :) and magical things will happen.
"There is a place in you where you have never been wounded, where there's
still a sureness in you, where there's a seamlessness in you, and where
there is a confidence and tranquility." John O'Donohue

Dandelion

Glad that people found the article interesting or helpful.  I found it so moving also.