So the new supply ditched him

Started by TiredOfNarcs, April 27, 2022, 03:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TiredOfNarcs

At first, when I heard the news, a lot of different emotions ran through my mind. I was happy for her to have gotten away from such a vile, toxic human being. At the same time, I was a bit irked that I was still being fed details about a person I've made it quite clear I wanted no contact with. Sure, there was also a part of me that felt a bit of spiteful glee that my narcissistic ex didn't get something he wanted. But that part of me was overridden by the part of me that feared that I might have been the reason for this, due to my past drunken musings to a friend of mine who is also friends with the new supply. If my ex blamed me for his new supply ditching him, that meant he was probably coming after me in one way or another.

Turns out, it had nothing to do with anything I told my friend - the new supply had been playing him the whole time. She'd been seeing several different guys - which I'm sure my ex would've done likewise if he could - and she decided he wasn't as interesting as her other options after using him for a spring break trip. The hilarious part to me about all of this was that my ex likely thought she was an easier person to have to himself because she wasn't as outgoing or conventionally attractive - two traits of mine that constantly sparked his jealous ways - so he underestimated her. I'm actually kinda proud of her. He deserves it.

Now all I have to do is hope that he has enough good sense to know not to bother me anymore after I've already grey rocked him multiple times. But knowing him, I doubt it. And now there's no one around to keep him occupied whenever we're in the same vicinity. That's what sucks about all this.

moglow

QuoteAt the same time, I was a bit irked that I was still being fed details about a person I've made it quite clear I wanted no contact with.

I had to learn to cut those disclosures off sooner rather than later. "Yeah, can we talk about something else?" If we're not together and I've made it clear I want nothing to do with them, then I also don't want any information regarding them. Sick sense of justice or whatever it entails, still not my stuff. Many people think [along with that "just be friends" thing], that we somehow want to know the latest. That's just keeping it in the forefront of our minds, not helping anyone.

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

moglow

And btw - should that or any future gf come to you asking questions, I'd shut them down too. Politely but No comment.

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish