I struggle with a fear of being found out

Started by Invisiblewoman, March 13, 2024, 09:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invisiblewoman

I think I come from a family of narcissists. There are 3 family (2 now that one has passed on)that seem to have the traits.

I was accused of lying about the abuse when I pointed out a discrepancy in the things said to me when my mother (my abuser) died.

Looking back it seems like they were baiting a reaction and making accusations while lying about their behaviour and my behaviour.

They used my mother's death to amp up triangulation and gaslighting. I was not answering their accusations so they would accuse me of being like my mother, blaming others and lying about the abuse.  They said they were disowning me.

I eventually responded but not in an attacking or instigative way.

They responded by accusing me of being psychotic and said I was harassing them.

What's infuriating is it seemed like they were harassing me.

They even said they almost gave my address to my abuser after I was no contact I think as an F U and to throw me under the bus. They used my response as proof that I threatened them. They of course completely denied their part and claimed they had no idea where she lived. I didn't even respond in a threatening manner.

I think they have a habit of saying things to provoke a reaction and then denying what they said while exaggerating your reaction.

I completely cut contact. They accused me of being toxic.

There are some terrible lies they have told. There are things they have said with the purpose of making me react. I think they tried to weasel their way out of that as well while trying to make me out to be the villain.

Starboard Song

Oh goodness!

I am so sorry for what you've been through. These toxic groups can emerge in a family, to be sure. Head over to our Toolbox, where only a little reading will assure you that you are not alone.

Welcome to Out of the FOG.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward