Hello

Started by hollow, March 31, 2024, 11:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hollow

Hello, I have discovered - well, more like admitted - that I have lived with personality disordered people for 22 years. I am trying my best to cope without having access to a therapist or a support system, but God, it's hard. Some days I don't even feel alive and all attempts at getting help from outside (legal systems, etc) have ended up with me being gaslit and told that "your mother just wants what's best for you." Trying not to feel hopeless but yeah.

xredshoesx

hollow-

I'm glad you found us and when you are ready, please share more about your relationship with your mother.
There are many of us adult children here still in recovery from being raised by someone who is uPD/PD. 

Dealing with PD Parents

SonofThunder

Another warm welcome to you hollow ☺️.  See you around the boards.

SoT
Proverbs 17:1
A meal of bread and water in peace is better than a banquet spiced with quarrels.

2 Timothy 1:7
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

Proverbs 29:11
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.

Aeon

Howdy Hollow and welcome.

I share your experience of having people (ostensibly well-meaning, I suppose) tell me, "Your Mom just loves you and is doing what's best for you", when they have no idea what is really going on at all.
It's a tough thing to deal with and certainly does not help one's view of reality.