My bingo card was altered, and filled anyway

Started by moglow, January 01, 2022, 10:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moglow

After being snide, sarcastic and dismissive then hanging up on me (as she does when she cant defend her own behavior), last night md forwarded a short video of my brother's grandchild. Apparently she got the nasty out and felt all better, everything resolved in her mind so we move forward. No apology, i guess her explanation of pain excuses any/all misbehavior in her mind.

Nope. Didn't and won't respond. It's not worth it and she's STILL claiming she doesn't receive texts from me. I call bullshit. I'd love to march in there, send a text and watch her read it then just walk out.

Her clock is ticking. She can only play at nice for so long before getting comfortable and thinking it's okay to have a stomping rampage over stupidity. And mine is too, honestly. I have no intention of tippy toeing around her and her crap, waiting for her next ridiculous explosion only to have her brush it off. Knowing "this is who she is" only gets a person so far when you also know it's all deliberate. She truly gets some kind of charge out of being rude and spiteful. Over it.
"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

SunnyMeadow

Quote from: moglow on January 26, 2022, 07:28:25 AM
last night md forwarded a short video of my brother's grandchild. Apparently she got the nasty out and felt all better, everything resolved in her mind so we move forward.

Two can play at her game, claim you don't receive texts from her!  :whistling:

Quoteand she's STILL claiming she doesn't receive texts from me. I call bullshit. I'd love to march in there, send a text and watch her read it then just walk out.

That would be funny!

moglow

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

moglow

Y'all. She's certifiable. Completely blanked how she spoke to me YESTERDAY, now telling my brother we [she and I] "don't have a problem anymore, what's [he] talking about?!" and is convincing herself I'm coming to visit on my upcoming birthday.  Well there's no "problem" specifically, but we also don't have a relationship other than by birth.

Maybe she's high?

Cat of the Canals

Mine does that third-party rugsweeping, too!

I've mentioned before that many years back, she was angry about my refusal to change my politics. We're not even on opposite sides of "the aisle," but I wasn't doing what she wanted. (She literally offered to buy my vote, which is illegal, BTW.) She then apparently smeared me to various family members, suggesting I'd been brainwashed, which is especially ironic given the only person I've ever felt brainwashed by is her.

Anyway, my brother didn't tell me about the smear campaign until years later. (If he'd told me when it happened, I wonder if I'd come Out of the FOG sooner.) In the last year or so, he mentioned that she'd told him, "Cat's come around now and is back on our side."  :stars: I have specifically avoided discussing politics with her at all because of what happened last time, so no such discussion has ever occurred.

Not long after, she and my brother were having some little disagreement about something. She told me, "[Brother] came around and admitted I was right." The language was so similar that I couldn't help but ask my brother if this was true and you guessed it... his answer was a resounding, "I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT SAY THAT."

I think the rugsweeping comes so naturally, the tiniest things allow them to believe "everything is fine." I mean, you did butt-dial her, moglow. That means your relationship is all sunshine and roses, obviously!

moglow

Yes. Doubtless it was a cry for mommy's attention and love. That has to be it. [big fat rolling eyes here]
It's really pathetic, isn't it? Not just her shit but my own. Almost 60 years old and here I am, trying to find the funny in it all.

Hilltop

But it's not pathetic Moglow, you are 60 and you are still fighting to heal yourself.  Plenty of people would have thrown in the towel and just become bitter.  Anger is part of the healing but plenty of people let that anger grow into bitterness.  At least you are still working on yourself, that shows a lot of strength to me. 

:yourock: