The dog gets to sleep in his bed...wow

Started by 1footouttadefog, November 23, 2019, 07:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

I left to run errands for a couple hours yesterday. When I returned my kid complained of a sour stomach. Later she was vomiting and had diarrhea. 

Pdh wanted desperately to run to store to buy sodas and icecream for her.   This DD does not drink sodas or eat icecream when she is well so I said no we don't need that.  About every few minutes he remonicsed about drinking ginger ail when he was sick.  Also about eating ice cream for mumps.  I told him dairy is not recommended for vomiting and diarrhea and DD will sip water or herbal tea or a spritzer of fruit juice and seltzer if she wants.  More talk about the store.

Then he starts in with that the dog will need to sleep with him to night.  Making a deal of calling the dog over and telling the dog excitedly she would be with him.   I was like your kid is sick and your see it as an excuse to make an icecream run and steal her dog from her.  Wow.

Evens after that when did started being sick again, he said "no way this dog can sleep with her to night she should sleep with you and the dog with me. 

Mind of a child.  Chihuahua attention theif.

SparkStillLit

Boggling! Chihuahuas are little, it's not like she's going to take up the bed of a sick and restless child. Besides, doesn't the sick person pick how they want to be comforted? My DD would never sleep with the dogs, but if DS wanted to sleep with his enormous Deerhound, am I going to say no???

1footouttadefog

The little beast does sleep in my Dads bed typically.  She also comes to visit me in the mornings.  She will sit in the lap of anyone who is reading or beside them.  Pdh has been acting jealous about the dog's attention of late.  He will also pester us if we are reading and the dog is in our lap or beside us.   He will come and take her away if we are on the phone and she is there .

Now he is jumping on my DD s sickness as an opportunity.  The lack of empathy is so typical of a narcissist.

We have Ikea duvet insert comforters that match the couches that we wash weekly. They can be removed and folded if company comes to reveal a "brand new" condition couch and while they help with allowing pets on furniture they are there to accommodate the adult humans.  I started using them when my MIL lived with us because she drank coffee with a shakey hand while watching television.  The habit has stayed.  I personally enjoy a fresh cover when relaxing and it handles the matter of pet hair and wear and tear.   

Almost the only time pdh has interest in sitting on the couch with the pets is the days we launder the covers.  Next trip to a city with Ikea I will buy a second set. 

SparkStillLit

So he tries to sit on the couch with the dog on the no-covers days on purpose??? UGH!!!!
My h has dog nonsense, too. My great hairy hounds aren't allowed on the couch (and no one else could sit there if they were, nor are they allowed on beds, but I have found the boy snoozing with his dog crammed in), but just like food and everything else there's been plenty of dog nonsense.

1footouttadefog

DD is still somewhat sick.  I was cooking ahead and was in kitchen much of day yesterday.  I feed the chiweenie a little early.  I did this to cut off the upcoming minute by minute reminders that 8pm was approaching.  He made a comment that the dog ate early he hoped she was not hungry before morning. 

I said he could get up for a change and see.