2 Years

Started by Lauren17, July 10, 2023, 09:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren17

I haven't been on the boards in a while--not since the divorce was finalized.  I've been focusing on letting go and healing, and working toward the big "F" (forgiveness).

An update.
It's been two years since I had "The Talk" and filed for divorce.  It's been a little less than that since I moved out.  It's been 6 months since the divorce was finalized.
The peace of having relationship with uNexH behind me is indescribable.  I can feel it in the evenings when I go to bed, it settles over me like a warm blanket.

Chronic migraines: gone
Chronic skin conditions: gone
Chronic stomach issues: gone
Chronic headaches: gone
I sleep through the night!!
I make decisions and have successes and victories and failures every day--never belittled or mocked.

My children are blooming!  They are learning to self-advocate, to define and state boundaries, to speak up regarding their feelings and wants and needs.  Of course, that comes with it's own items, but that is for another post.

To all of you struggling through the painful, overwhelming, scary process of leaving a PD.  Know that the struggle will come to an end. Know that you're not alone.  Know that there is life on the side and it is worth the fight! 

I don't know that I could have made it through without the support of everyone here at Out of the FOG.  A huge thank you from the bottom of my heart.  You are all remembered in my prayers.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

square

Great update!! Wow!!

escapingman

Lauren, what an amazing update.

Well done!