I 'snapped' at him last night

Started by 11JB68, June 19, 2020, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Ugh. I really try not to do this. I try to MC and not JADE. I know this gets me no where and makes me more like him.
1) I'm just so 'done' / exhausted / stressed lately. My patience is wearing very thin
2) He just was so whiny/needy and then complaining to ME about my stuff ALL afternoon I was really getting fed up.
3) he did a thing that HE complains about if someone does it to him - didn't answer me, just used head bob/gesture/etc. TWICE. So the 2nd time, I snapped at him: "Can you just use words?!" Well of course he was totally offended. I apologized. He was having a bad day, etc. I DID NOT JADE though - didn't say - 'well, if I ignore you or don't verbally answer you you get upset and say to me 'VERBALIZE' etc...'

notrightinthehead

Sometimes it all just gets too much and you explode. Only shows that there is a limit of what you can endure. I hope you snapped real good and gave him a fright.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Wilderhearts

I found the double-standards with pwOCPD are worse than double standards with any other PD, because they have so many "rules" that they're allowed to break but viciously impose and enforce on others.

After coming out of surviving living with a pwOCPD, I realized that I "under react" to most boundary violations.  I stay calm, don't show any form of anger, definitely do not snap.

Both under reacting and over-reacting can fuel PD behaviour. 

I'm glad you snapped at him.  It sounds like a perfectly proportionate reaction to his infuriating behaviour.  (Plus I'm living a little vicariously through your experience of snapping back at a pwPD! ;) )

SparkStillLit

This is interesting . This is how I do MC.
Flat affect, zero response of any sort. TBH I normally end up leaving the room, because he has noooooo problem ratcheting it upupupup until he gets the reaction he's after. He's from zero to stratosphere in .00000000002 seconds.