PTSD with family that are continuous people

Started by GirlKicks19, September 29, 2019, 01:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlKicks19

Hello, I am new here. I have been diagnosed with {PTSD/anxiety, and depression} it is an Anxiety Disorder. I do not know if you would think of this as an PD, or not? However, I have many family members who I live with, and are really contentious /and, or just mean, I dont know if you call that PD . My guess is, they have some kind, but dont want to see it, or get professional help. My counselors have told me about this site, in order to help me learn how to deal with them. (family)   >:( :( :o :o :o :'(
So, I am hoping someone has some insight as to how to get through to them, if possible. I feel the anger and stress is so bad, I dont know what is a good that I can or should do. One counselor ask me if I had heard the term, ...Gaslighting.... and I had not,. so she told me to go home and look it up/ when I saw her again, she asked me what I thought. I said, I was in shock, that is Exactly, how my family treats me! how can I stop this? its aweful!!
and of course, I can seem to talk to them about it, because they deny it all, and say I am being paranoid,!! (not true)

notrightinthehead

Welcome Girlkicks19, you have come to a good place with many people who have similar problems. Just read around the TOOLBOX and PERSONALITY DISORDERS tabs, you will find helpful information there.

You are asking: ....I am hoping someone has some insight as to how to get through to them, if possible..... and the answer most of us have found to that question is, that it is impossible to change another person if they do not want to.  The only way to change a relationship is to take care of your side - change your behaviour, change your attitude, change your own self image - and see how the other person responds to your changes. You might get through to them, but only by working on yourself. Good luck and see you around on the boards.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.