"The Mind Management programme for Confidence, Success..." by Prof Steve Peters

Started by Rapidstream, December 26, 2015, 10:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapidstream

Confession I have not yet completed reading this book which is divided into 3 parts.  I found this book after doing a google search- cannot now recall what I was searching for and read some reviews and decided to get a copy.
To date don't regret this purchase.What I like is that this is a self help book aimed at ones own personal self improvement.
The author a psychiatrist looks how the mind works and in particular two parts of the mind one which he describes as the chimpanzee and the other he describes as the human. A third part of the mind that he talks about is the computer.
What I like about this book so far is the way it resonate s with my experiences. From the start it seemed to me that my PDS basically use the human part of their minds very little and the chimp part over excessively. Also often when I use the chimp part of my mind it is at a time when I have fleas.
I have flicked through and can see that there is a section on personality disorders but have not got to that section yet.
Will revisit this post once I have completed the book and hope it is OK to post even though I have only read the first few chapters. Just wanted to share and find out if anyone else has read this book and what they thought.