"Women Who Love Psychopaths" by Sandra L.Brown, M.A.

Started by mulberry, July 03, 2013, 09:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulberry

"Women Who Love Psychopaths: Inside the Relationships of Inevitable Harm With Psychopaths, Sociopaths, & Narcissists"
by Sandra L.Brown, M.A.

I just finished this book.

It is a must-read, for anyone who has been in a love relationship with a Psychopath.

Sandra L. Brown, M.A. 
http://saferelationshipsmagazine.com/

Includes information on "Super-traits". Both temperament and character traits that draw in the Psychopath, and help keep you there, after the abuse starts...

I found the studies/differences in brain activity; thought processes, language, and emotional depth between a non pd, and a psychopath, very informative.

musiclover

Thanks for posting about this book. I've read about 'The Sociopath Next Door' and Hare's book, I think I will try this one.

:thumbup:

mulberry

musiclover,

Hi.

This book is scary-good.

It covers stuff I've not yet read about, and shows through studies that there is a difference in brain activity of a psychopath.

It also makes good points about the term "co-dependency"...

Also, as in Robert Hare's book, it makes the point that not all psychopath's are criminals, or serial killers- The successful one's stay out of jail, "below the radar", and are a major menace to anyone taken in by them...

"The Relationship of Inevitable Harm"

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, don't it?   :bawl:

I recommend this book highly.

practicingacceptance

thanks mulberry. looks very informative. i linked to the authors site you gave and read a few great articles. cheers!

like this one:
http://saferelationshipsmagazine.com/what-do-you-tell-them

corky

I just got chills when I read how she views our PD's...."The Relationship of Inevitable Harm"   
that pretty much sums it up in a nutshell & puts a bow on it, doesn't it?

Oneness

My momster just recently bought this book, and gave to me to read....she is an unNPD.... ::)

She always thought my unBPD ex SO was a psychopath, but she knows nothing about PDs, and very little about him. He is a Casanova Borderline to a T.

Still, I may read the book....
It's better to love and lost, then to live with a psycho for the rest of your life.

If your presence can't add value to my life, your absence will make no difference.

mulberry

Oneness,

QuoteMy momster just recently bought this book, and gave to me to read....she is an unNPD.... ::)

She always thought my unBPD ex SO was a psychopath, but she knows nothing about PDs, and very little about him. He is a Casanova Borderline to a T.

I understand.

When I found out about my ex's cheating, and the added and completely crushing evidence of it written by himself, online, I felt a very familiar sensation.

I didn't know why...

But when I went to my mother, (whom I now believe to be possessing a few NPD qualities of her own) I needed her love and support.

I felt so low I could hardly breathe, I went to her looking for compassion, thinking surely she would have this, for her own daughter.

My mother chuckled, and grinned, and her comforting words were
"He has a screw loose".   

:stars:  :doh:

Anyhoo, this book is worth a read, no matter from whence it came...   :bigwink:

moonshine77

Thank you for the recommendation. I am almost finished with this book and have learned a plethora of information that I do not think I could have gotten out of therapy. It has been incredibly validating.

mulberry

QuoteThank you for the recommendation. I am almost finished with this book and have learned a plethora of information that I do not think I could have gotten out of therapy. It has been incredibly validating.

moonshine77,

As I'm not in therapy, so I can't comment, there...

But this book both validates and teaches.

Also, check out her website articles :

Sandra L. Brown, M.A. 
http://saferelationshipsmagazine.com/

:thumbup:

m