On maternity leave and Out of Office hasn’t been turned on yet

Started by mimzy, November 19, 2019, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimzy

My last day before going on maternity leave was over a week ago. I went home upset after having an argument with my manager and didn't get a chance to turn my "out of office" reply on. I checked in with HR before leaving and they told me they would ask my manager to turn it on but, last I checked, (yesterday) the OOO still wasn't on. I've also let the person whom I support know, thinking that perhaps he could put some muscle into the request (he's got some seniority there), and still nothing. When should I just let this go? Should I call HR one more time and follow up? I loath calling HR again because they are such a trigger for me at this point. (please read my last post in this forum about my last bad day at work if you need clarification.)  Like I mentioned, I have asked HR 2 times plus given a head's up to the person I support. Isn't that enough????

moglow

Once you've put the request in writing (so it's documented just in case), it's on them to follow through. If they don't, oh well. Not your circus, not your monkeys at that point.

"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
"Expectations are disappointments under construction." ~Capn Spanky, The Nook circa 2005ish

StayWithMe

Is there anyway to access your email address from another computer.  Maybe you could call the IT department directly.