Signing Over Deed To The House

Started by Kat54, December 05, 2019, 01:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

Met with my lawyer and signed the deed transferring the house to my ex.  The lawyer will hold onto the deed until my ex has a closing date with the bank and all the money is in place. Since we are so close to the holidays I asked my lawyer if we could hold off until January taking the furniture out of the house.  I would think my ex will be OK with that but then again my kids had dinner with me last night and my son told me my ex want to know when I'm "getting my crap out"  My son was quoting him...nice.
Told the lawyer about all the thievery with checks and jewelry. My lawyer looked at me with this perplexed look on his face and with a smile said he wasn't surprised that happened. He reminded me his behavior has been pretty horrible the whole time and at this point he wouldn't expect anything less and that's why I'm divorcing him.  He said its not worth pursuing, I'm so close to the end and to let it go.

Ordered a POD unit this morning for 1st week of January delivery to sit in my sisters driveway where I live right now. My sisters house is right behind my house so hopefully it will be easy enough to take furniture out of the house and walk it around the corner to the POD. Estimating I'll have the POD for a few months because hopefully I will have found a home by then.

When my kids came over for dinner I talked to them about me moving. Daughter is upset and thinks I'll be moving too far and I won't know anyone. Its her fear she won't see me but I have to move closer to my job, its the only way I'll get by financially and be able to pay for a house. I live in a big metropolitan area that has very expensive housing so I'm moving into the next closest state that has more affordable housing, less in commuting costs but will only be an hour from my kids. It seems far to her but I'm hoping she will get better with the idea. I plan on coming back to them most weekends for the future right now and I'll encourage them to come where I'll be living.

GettingOOTF

You are making steady progress. You should be proud. The move sounds like a great plan. It's a lot of change for your daughter and I'm sure she will adjust to the idea.

You are so close to the end and it seems like your attorney has your exes number. Keep moving forward, you are almost free.