Any thoughts on Reiki?

• 10 Replies

larrys

Any thoughts on Reiki?
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:00:01 PM »
I was curious if people have ever tried reiki as a treatment modality.  It is spiritual energy based, and is based on intention.  The healing can be used for physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellness.  It doesn't matter what you religion you practice, or even if you practice religion at all, as long as the intention is to heal.  I have never heard of a single instance in which Reiki has done any harm and have used it for wellness on an ongoing basis.  It falls in line with Tai' chi, yoga, meditation and qi Gong.  Any thoughts?

kayjewel

Re: Any thoughts on Reiki?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »
Larrys, I've used various forms of energy healing, as well as T-ai Chi, meditation, yoga, and so forth, with good results. They've been an integral part of my recovery path for 30 years now. When you get down to it, in my opinion, intention is everything. It might sound radical to say this, but it's not so much what you do, as where you're coming from when you do it, that makes the difference.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
-- C. G. Jung

rosie

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:01:01 AM »
I am an acupuncturist, and have been trained in various modalities such as cranial sacral therapy, qi gong and energy work. I agree with Kayjewel that intention is probably the most important consideration. A caring practitioner that is on your wavelength can truly work wonders. I have personally had reiki treatments that were wonderful. That said, it is very easy to get certification as a reiki practitioner, and there are a lot of people out there practicing it that are not quite "kosher", and whose intentions are not always good. If you look out for these, you should do well with reiki.

Selene3339

• This is the strangest life I have ever lived...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 06:45:29 AM »
larrys,

I am a Reiki Master and fully believe in the great healing energy of it's use. Any thing that can put positive energy into oneself is a good thing.

And as Rosie said, just be careful, I have run across a few flakes in my time...
~Selene3339

larrys

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Cool, I agree with all of you.  I am a reiki master per se', but I work 2 jobs and have not utilized as much with my reiki as I would like.  Also, my bpd wife has been nervous about me using my reiki, so that has created a lack of follow through on my part.  However, I still believe very much in this as well as the other alternative mind body modalities as mentioned.  Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

simpleme

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 09:38:47 PM »
Im a Reiki Master and yes Reiki is wonderful for healing issues like this very much so. It depends on how much the person who is getting the healing wants to heal and wants to engage with it. It helps me. I know family members would not engage with it - there are no magic cures it all needs the other person to take responsibility also
And yes as people say find someone insured and with a good reputation.

larrys

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 11:20:23 PM »
well said simple me.  Reiki is all about intention and at the end of the day it is like any other medicinal property....some benefit and some do not.  But if people have positive intentions and an open mind, Reiki is a beautiful thing :)

deimos319

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:21:03 AM »
I think Reiki is just a beautiful thing. To me, it is just utilizing loving, healing, light energy to consume pain and darkness. Many nights when I'm falling asleep, I do a little energy work on myself. I don't use my hands or anything, just relax my body, and envision it being filled with love and light. And FEELing it being filled. That practice helps me so much. And yes, like everyone said, it's all about the intention.

The only time I don't feel good about Reiki is sometimes in group sessions, where everyone "gets a turn" as the one receiving, while the others work on the person whose turn it is. I worry (intuit?) that many people are there just to have their turn. I prefer to work on myself, receive Kitty Reiki from my boys  8-) and have one or two close and trusted people work on me.

Why do you ask? Are you thinking about taking it up or seeking someone to perform (is that what they call it?) Reiki on you?

snowman

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:01 PM »
I have used Reiki for about four years. It is miraculous. I recommend it for anyone with physical pain or psychological/emotional pain. One session did for me what years of counselors could never do. Obsessive thinking about people who upset me-gone! It may not happen that fast for you but for me it was amazing. My help is with chiropractor who uses applied kinesiology for diagnosis, Reiki, massage, meditation, yoga. All amazing!

kazzak

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 04:09:47 PM »
I found a practitioner who provides different levels of reiki training/practices. I took Reiki I & II. It taught me how to provide reiki to myself and other friends/family/pets. Reiki III was a course offered when someone is practicing on others (i.e. business). Love it all, but found it immensely helpful to personally learn how to provide reiki on myself. I find that very helpful.

Besides that, "just for today" principles can be used to guide my day and maintain awareness

Just for today, do not be angry
Just for today, do not worry
Just for today, be grateful
Just for today, work hard
Just for today, be kind to others.

Just my two cents, learn how to provide reiki. dive in.

Sunshine days

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 07:12:11 PM »
I am a qualified aromatherapist /holistic therapist , I am thinking of setting up my massage therapy business again when I feel in the right place. My experience with reiki is that all the therapists i have met have had a traumatic experience in their lives ie suicide and I have sometimes been swayed to explore it but i have decided I am sticking with aromatherapy / massage therapy as the oils are from the earth ie barks, leaves, roots, petals etc , I don't want to open myself up to people who might not be fully healed .