Hello :)

Started by bluleaf, January 26, 2019, 01:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluleaf

I want to say hello and happy to find this community. I just recently ended a dating relationship that only lasted a few months, but toxic I am realizing. The red flags showed up on day one, but I happily ignored them at first. So I am in no contact for about a month now, but still very confused and don't feel strong enough if he were to Hoover. I keep finding myself continually creating a fantasy around him, so I can't just sit with the truth. It's frustrating to put it lightly. I am feeling so much pain and heartbreak from a man I wasn't with very long.

Summer Sun

Welcome to Out of the FOG bluleaf.  Leaving any relationship is painful, toxic relationships adds additional layers of confusion, grief, woundedness etc.

This site is a tremendous support, as well, an excellent resource.  Check out the behaviors, traits and toolbox, deepening our knowledge of what we are experiencing is helpful.

You may what to check out the separating and divorcing forum here as well.

Summer Sun
"The opposite of Love is not Hate, it's Indifference" - Elie Wiesel

Starboard Song

Adding my welcome. It is good to recognize the problem early. You have an opportunity now to heal and to strengthen yourself.

Good strength to you.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

bluleaf

Thank you so much for your replies :) I had been studying cluster b disorders after I was diagnosed with Cptsd being raised by a father who was borderline. I definitely have a history of dating men with narcissistic traits. This man in particular was like no one I have ever met. Every warning was there. Yes I feel grateful this ended as early as it did. I want to learn how to never ever allow this to happen again