Any 'Born Again Christians' here? I hope!

• 54 Replies

Nana1270

Re: Any 'Born Again Christians' here? I hope!
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
i am a born again Christian.

I think what we struggle with as Christians is the message we are getting from the pulpit -vs- real life.  We are told to endure life rather than live with joy.  We are told to anticipate trials and tribulations, instead of embracing them as they come.  I, for one, set myself up for self-fulfilling prophecies because I was always expecting the other shoe to drop. 

Christians need to embrace the therapeutic mental health community, and not make blind statements like, "Just have more faith and it will work out."  Hey guess what?  Sometimes it DOESN'T work out!  There are hurting people who have been abused, used and are involved in dysfunctional relationships (whether chosen or unchosen) and we need to speak love and truth into them and help them heal. 

NeedingAnswers:  TBH, it sounds as though you married this guy way too soon.  If you had taken more time to get to know him, his family, examined his past, you may not have married him.  Everyone puts their best face forward in the beginning, but they can't keep it up forever.  That's why time is the key.  You can't undo what's been done, so you can only do what's best for you.  God knows our hearts and he forgives all.  Take care of yourself.

bluejeans63

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 11:33:40 AM »
Yes Nana1270, I believe that I didn't date long enough and therefore didn't experience the behavior that I have come to know so well. I remember some things but I had't known about Narcissism as I have learned in the past few months, I did however come to realize something was wrong in our marriage but I just stumbled on to the issue of Narcissism,  well I do give credit ti God, I do believe He is looking out for us. I am thankful that I have found this site. For so long I felt so alone in this world.

NeedingAnswers

• Feel the hurt, forgive those who hurt you, heal <3
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
Nana 1270,  I married my husband because I believe God wanted me to. I prayed much and did what I believe God was telling me to do. I shouldn't have to feel judged here by anyone who doesn't know me. I just left my husband late Wednesday night and am hurting.
God has sent many people into hard,  hurtful, even life threatening situations (JESUS,  Paul,  etc. .)so I'm in good company.  I know God has brought much good from this marriage and I believe He will heal it if it is still where he wants me or He will help me to move on if it is not to continue. 

We have an enemy (Satan came to STEAL, KILL & DESTROY)  who attacks and sometimes he steals,  kills and/or destroys what God made.
*The longer life goes on, the more pain I endure the stronger I become.
*The more I have been hurt the more I've learned to love others and have compassion.
*Yes I get tired and sometimes even yell, yes I have bad days or even weeks but I Thank God He is always here with me, helping me.

muldoon

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014, 01:52:36 PM »
I dont know what I am, daughter of a roman catholic father and atheist mother, I believe there is a God but I also believe in Karma. :unsure:
YOU CAN SPEND MINUTES HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS, OR EVEN MONTHS OVER ANALYZING A SITUATION; TRYING TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER, JUSTIFYING WHAT COULD'VE, WOULD'VE  HAPPENED OR YOU CAN JUST LEAVE THE PIECES ON THE FLOOR AND MOVE THE FUCK ON.
Tupac Shakur

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »
Muldoon, The Bible calls it reaping what you sow. God has told us what we do, give how we treat others/ sow/ we will reap/get the same in our life.

I love him and forgive him and have moved
out back to the state I use to live in and will work on a life here with God, my daughter, my dog and hopefully some of my old friends and maybe even some new ones.
I am praying for God to bring healing for my husband, myself,  my Dr and ny marriage and will trust God to show me what to do and when to do it.❤
*The more I have been hurt the more I've learned to love others and have compassion.
*Yes I get tired and sometimes even yell, yes I have bad days or even weeks but I Thank God He is always here with me, helping me.

Breakthrough

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »
My NMIL I thought was a good Christian when I met her.  Since knowing her, I have heard her admit to me she is selfish, difficult, rude, and "can't control what she says", and to all of these she says "I can't change no matter how much I try".  Only she and God know what's in her heart, but to me that's a full admission that she knows she had a lot of difficult traits and doesn't care/want to ask for God's help and grace to change.  That or she doesn't think God has the power to do this. It's not my place to judge her relationship with God, but to me this seems very hypocritical and well, incredibly Christian on the face only, and not truly Christian.  I should be praying for her, but right now, I am praying for me, that God will guide me in how to have a VLC relationship with her, how to treat/speak to her around my daughter.  I don't know how a Christian is supposed to deal with a PD, especially one in their own family.  I should be searching the bible for these answers, but really, I feel as though the bible has sage wisdom and advice for dealing with regular personalities, not these disorders, so I don't know how to apply Christian principles to this relationship.

Nana1270

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 02:51:52 PM »
Nana 1270,  I married my husband because I believe God wanted me to. I prayed much and did what I believe God was telling me to do. I shouldn't have to feel judged here by anyone who doesn't know me. I just left my husband late Wednesday night and am hurting.
God has sent many people into hard,  hurtful, even life threatening situations (JESUS,  Paul,  etc. .)so I'm in good company.  I know God has brought much good from this marriage and I believe He will heal it if it is still where he wants me or He will help me to move on if it is not to continue. 

We have an enemy (Satan came to STEAL, KILL & DESTROY)  who attacks and sometimes he steals,  kills and/or destroys what God made.

I would never want you to feel judged,  and I thought I directed that post to Bluejeans?  I may be mistaken.  My apologies if you felt judged by my post.  I'm sorry that you are hurting.

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »

NeedingAnswers:  TBH, it sounds as though you married this guy way too soon.  If you had taken more time to get to know him, his family, examined his past, you may not have married him.  Everyone puts their best face forward in the beginning, but they can't keep it up forever.  That's why time is the key.  You can't undo what's been done, so you can only do what's best for you.  God knows our hearts and he forgives all.  Take care of yourself.
Nana1270, Thank you for the apology.  :hug:
The quote here is from your previous post and you can see it was directed to me.
I have been through sooo much in the last month or so with my H and have had to move twice. I am back at home with him now and working on healing our marriage and myself. I really need support and encouragement and appreciate that you read what I wrote and wrote back with an apology. Thank you. Hope you are doing good.  :)

Nana1270

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2014, 04:40:05 PM »

Nana1270, Thank you for the apology.  :hug:
The quote here is from your previous post and you can see it was directed to me.
I have been through sooo much in the last month or so with my H and have had to move twice. I am back at home with him now and working on healing our marriage and myself. I really need support and encouragement and appreciate that you read what I wrote and wrote back with an apology. Thank you. Hope you are doing good.  :)
[/quote]

I think as Christians we judge OURSELVES the harshest.  While my therapist does not advocate for divorce (she is a Christian counselor), she doesn't take a hard line against it.  Glad you are working it out.

unsinkable

• "unsinkable" through God's amazing grace :)
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »
Yes, I am happy to say I am a born-again, Spirit-filled Christian. I'm new to this forum, and am very grateful that God led me to it. My ex (of 30 yrs) is NPD and our youngest son (of 3) has inherited this unfortunate PD. I have no contact with my ex, but I very much want to maintain a loving connection with my NPD son. He has hurt me more than I would have believed possible, but he is my son and I will always love him. I hope to learn coping skills and ways to protect my heart in this wonderful forum, so that I can stay connected to him without getting hurt over and over.
I strongly believe in God's power to heal, even PDs. Does anyone here know of any PD healings? Hoping and praying!!  :)
"He (God) is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think." "My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches in glory."

1Brightnight

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 04:07:28 AM »
Believer of Jesus Christ here! My God will not be mocked, amen?

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 01:42:07 PM »
Amen! And He shall supply my (our) every need, Amen! :sunny:

1Brightnight

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!!  :applause:

unsinkable

Born Again Christian, believing for NPD son's HEALING
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 02:55:15 PM »
I went up to the altar Sunday morning and a dynamite prayer warrior prayed with me, for my son's healing. It was POWERFUL!!! We took authority over the spiritual darkness, the evil power that had taken control of him and declared VICTORY in the name of Jesus. She took my son back, in the spiritual realm, to the very moment this darkness had entered his life and cast it out, with power and authority. It was awesome. We were both shaking and I was crying. I am believing God for a miracle!!!!!!!
"He (God) is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think." "My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches in glory."

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
Nana1270 Thank you  :)

Unsinkable I don't know of any NPD healing but I only have known of NPD for a few months. I do believe God is able to heal any and all sickness, disease, disorders, breaks, sprains, cuts, dislocated bones, etc.... ALL and look forward to any and all of the healings. I know some will receive healing and some will not but God is surely able AMEN!!!

So glad to hear about your time with the Lord at the alter and will believe with you for your sons healing, God is able, Amen!  :hug:

1Brightnight  :excited: :fireworks: :jumping: Hallelujah, God is Good ALL the time!!!

unsinkable

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:31 PM »
Thank you needinganswers!! God bless you and your family too xoxo
I will post any and all improvements in his situation to this forum :)

Nawlins

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »
yes.....my faith in Jesus Christ has held me together through the volatility of living with a PDw.

I wish I could connect the spiritual/religious learning with the psych underpinnings of PD. Okay, I'm tired and not writing so good right now.

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »
unsinkable :yeahthat: I look forward to hearing all the healing that takes place in your son.  :)

Nawlins  :yeahthat: You wrote just fine. It is so good to hear other Christians share how Jesus Christ has held them together and continues to bring them through!  We worship :worship: You Father God, Lord Jesus and are so very grateful to have You Holy Spirit living in us helping us, leading us, guiding us, teaching us!!! We can't do it without You we are weak BUT You are STONG!!!  :)

unsinkable

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
Needinganswers, YES AND AMEN to your wonderful prayer :) xo

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
unsinkablePraise God! There is power in agreement Amen!