Any 'Born Again Christians' here? I hope!

• 54 Replies

lifechange14

Re: Any 'Born Again Christians' here? I hope!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
Yes I am saved by grace through Jesus Christ.  He has healed me from a lot of abuse in my past and is still working on healing me.  This forum has been an encouragement.  Very blessed to be have some fellow believers who are going through the same stuff. 

NeedingAnswers

• Feel the hurt, forgive those who hurt you, heal <3
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »
lifechange14 Praise God for His redeeming power and grace!!! He is our mighty healing, delivering God Amen!!!

Welcome and yes I too am so thankful to know and be encouraged by other believers here who are going through the same things and lifting and encouraging and helping each other!!!  :grouphug:
*The longer life goes on, the more pain I endure the stronger I become.
*The more I have been hurt the more I've learned to love others and have compassion.
*Yes I get tired and sometimes even yell, yes I have bad days or even weeks but I Thank God He is always here with me, helping me.

Nawlins

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2015, 03:24:35 AM »
I am so glad to see others here who share Christian faith and understand PD.......we are at the intersection of good and evil (not that PD is evil, it's an illness, but it causes evil things to happen), or something like 'dat

God Bless

unsinkable

• "unsinkable" through God's amazing grace :)
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 10:19:20 PM »
How would we cope with PD's without our wonderful Lord??? So blessed to be able to lay all the sadness and pain at the foot of the cross, and trust in His divine care :) Praise you Lord!!!! Thank you Jesus!!!
Since realizing what my son's problem was, then sharing it with a Prayer Warrior (who prayed so powerfully for him) I have seen some improvement in him. HALLELUIA :)
"He (God) is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think." "My God shall supply all my needs, according to His riches in glory."

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »
Nawlins Grateful God connects hearts and lives and helps us to do all things through Christ! I'm sooo weak but sooo thankful I have Him to lean on and sometimes carry me too!  :hug:

unsinkable You can say that again!!! Praise You Lord, Praise You Father God!!! We sooo need You!!! So glad to hear your son is having improvement :) Yeah God!!! Glory be to You alone Father God! :)
*The more I have been hurt the more I've learned to love others and have compassion.
*Yes I get tired and sometimes even yell, yes I have bad days or even weeks but I Thank God He is always here with me, helping me.

TLF

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2015, 03:59:49 AM »
I wouldn't call myself "born again."  But I am an Catholic convert of 5 years.

And I was intrigued by this question as to whether or not the Npd can really have true faith or not.

I try very hard not to judge another man's heart because I don't know what's truly in it.  And that includes my husband.

But I do watch him in Church.  Sometimes he fiddles.  Sometimes he (seems to) pray a lot, and cry a bit.  Though, who knows what's going on inside his head.

I don't know.  But this has always been a great wonder of mine.

Btw, I have read a lot of CS Lewis, but not The Great Divorce.  So, on to find my CS Lewis Signature Classics! 

I gave it to my son to read, so it must on his bookshelf somewhere.

TLF

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2015, 04:01:03 AM »
Oh, and by the way, I also recommend ANYTHING Chesterton.

The man was a genius!

MaryGrace

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2015, 05:26:43 AM »
I have given my life to Christ and I read the bible daily. I certainly believe the bible and try my very best to live out God's word. I am a Catholic Christian and although we don't generally use that term to describe ourselves we certainly are born again.
My mom has paranoid pd. My dad is in my corner and never sides with her even though they are still married. Dad & I have a great relationship -please realize that. Thank you. :)

CoveredByGrace

« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 12:46:22 PM »
Hi all!
I'm a Christian...glad to be here for the support. My h is exhibiting characteristics of NPD. So, of course there's a lot to deal with, digest, and process, especially as a Believer who desires to be in His will.

NeedingAnswers

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 01:01:26 PM »
Hey CoveredByGrace  :grouphug: So glad you are here! It has been so helpful to me to have all this info and support in the process of learning about what my H is living with. I do believe he is uBPD/NPD/ASPD/OCD and possibly psycho path too. It is a lot to handle and I am very isolated at this time in my life so having a safe place to come and learn about all my H is living with and how to better handle life in my relationship with him has been a real blessing and I'm very thankful and the support, understanding and encouragement we receive here is sooo very valuable and important. It is wonderful to be able to be there to help others in their time of hurting or need and it is wonderful to have others here for us when we are hurting and need it!  :grouphug:

I hope this forum is a wonderful resource and blessing in your life too!  :hug: God really does give us all we need in this life. It is an extremely extremely hard, sad and challenging life I live most everyday with my H but God has joined us and I'm so grateful to have my H, Jesus to help me with my life and marriage and so thankful for this forum too!

GracieMae

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 02:38:31 PM »
Born again!  So glad to see so many other Christians on this site.  I find it so hard to discuss my PD/PTSD husband and issues with people in my church.  They just don't understand.  Who can really understand except those that have walked in the fog?  My faith gets me through every time and for that I am thankful.

Mr.M

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
Hi all,

I am a born again Christian and have been married 20 years my Wife was in the system as a foster child and was adopted when she was a child. I know she has PD I believe possibly FASD/Attachment Disorder and NPD though it isn't formally diagnosed.
I have tried to encourage her to get tested and diagnosed but of course she thinks I am the problem. We have been separated for 3 weeks now she is staying at a friend's her choice of course. But her story is I kicked her out (not true of course).
It was only last week that God finally answered my prayers from the last 10 years and put a name to the Crazy/dysfunctional/dishonest/manipulating/financially devastating/hurtful/sorrowful/depressive/angry marriage. I thought that FASD or attachment disorder explained allot of what I saw but it was just last week I by chance found a web site that discussed PD/NPD and it was like God hit a light switch in my mind and the FOG lifted lol. (As all of you seem to have experienced.) I will be honest I feel right now like the only reason I remained in the marriage (if you can call it that) all of these years was to protect and shelter my children as best I could from all the emotional/mental and physical abuse. Also out of guilt of knowing what the bible says about divorce I grew up in a strong Christian home and have always believed it is never an option but through the past 20 years I feel like I have been a rock in the river of "crazy" and thought I was unmovable.  But in truth all this time I was being eroded away little by little until there remained nothing but a little pebble. I know I have emotional/spiritual/mental brokenness from years of erosion I didn't see happening and out of ignorance could not put a name to till now all I knew was that I was not the Rock I use to be and because of that my heart is filled with guilt/pain and sorrow for what has been stolen from me. All I know for sure right now is God is my rock, that his rock is big and strong enough to carry my pebble on it and everyone else too. I know He never changes and He is GOOD all the time. That his plans are perfect and He can not lie so I am exactly where He wants me to be. I have counseling with my wife tomorrow at 10:15 MST and would appreciate your prayers for I trust all of you understand what to pray for. This really is a lonely path I thank God for his promise to never leave us or forsake us and ask for His strength to do whatever He asks whether it be to stay the course on a dangerous road or hit the detour as long as I know its his will for me and my children. Pray please He would give me an unfailing peace in my heart without guilt on what road I should chose for the health of my children. In my heart more than anything I want for them to have a healthy functional home for a few years before they are out to face the world on their own. Something my kids have never had and that is the greatest sorrow in my heart.

Thank you for your prayers and support.
God Bless.

Nawlins

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2015, 11:43:56 PM »
Born again!  So glad to see so many other Christians on this site.  I find it so hard to discuss my PD/PTSD husband and issues with people in my church.  They just don't understand.  Who can really understand except those that have walked in the fog?  My faith gets me through every time and for that I am thankful.

NO ONE can understand this unless you've experienced it. I am not aware of any other ANYTHING in life that is SO ONLY UNDERSTOOD by being involved. You can't hear about it, blah blah blah. It's unimaginable unless you've been there. I feel the only people on earth who understand me are on this Forum, and the Lord in Heaven (He's got a clue too :)

worriedmama

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
Hi all,

Born again Jesus follower here!

I am in this forum because I was impacted by my teen daughter's exBPDbf. Their relationship ended about six weeks ago or so. I'm still struggling emotionally because I was willingly pulled into the drama that went on with him and his family. He and his mom completely sucked me dry, and pulled my daughter and whole family through hell. But I'm trusting in the Lord to bring healing and restoration in the lives of me, my daughter, and the rest of our family. The deceit and manipulation take a huge toll on a person's mind. As it says in Philippians, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."

ILoveMyself

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:18 AM »
Hello NeedingAnswers  :wave:

I too am a Born Again Christian. It is great to know we are not alone in this! The Lord is not going to give us more than we can handle! The enemy may come in like a flood at times, but God always raises a standard! It has been 2 years for me since I walked away from my ex-N. The Lord gave me clear directions on what to do. As I was going through the healing process
and recovering from my ex-NPD, I also learned so much about myself. I know this wasn't my fault. It is not any of our fault. God will deal with them accordingly. You are as sick as your secrets and I was sick for many years because I was addicted to my ex-N. I am no longer bound by gaslighting, hoovering etc. Those who the SON sets FREE is FREE indeed! No more being a pillar of salt! I was in the lions den for years, and God delivered me! I also rededicated my life back to GOD!!! HE IS SO FAITHFUL! You are not alone! :bighug: