spiritualist idea/belief

• 3 Replies

kande

spiritualist idea/belief
« on: January 13, 2015, 10:17:06 PM »
Faith has been the main thing that has kept me going over the years dealing with my Foo, I believe that what goes around comes around or Karma. uPDm must at some point get her Karma back? so must en Dad and en Sis (possibly N)? If they treat someone badly then god or the cosmos is going to give it them back at some point? Am I right in thinking this? I have asked God and my angels to help me, and I have been much better since, however its been helpful to feel I'm not alone through NC rather than the issues with FOO coming out in the open, I would love to hear others thoughts on this

kayjewel

Re: spiritualist idea/belief
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:36:29 AM »
I cam understand why you would ask this question. Believe me, I know how it is, to want people to have some consequences for their bad behavior toward us.

My answer to your question about karma would be "yes". However, we can't predict how that's going to happen for the people involved, and it's none of our business anyway. To the extent that we hold on to wanting the other person to get their karmic retribution, to that extent we're still enmeshed with them in the dysfunctional drama and dance, and we're still creating pain for ourselves.

To put it another way, focusing on someone else getting their karmic retribution just creates negative karma for us.
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
-- C. G. Jung

divorcingnpd

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »
I agree with kayjewel. I believe we must trust that the balance will be restored someday even if it doesn't appear to happen in this lifetime.

Hawkie

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:20:54 PM »
To the extent that we hold on to wanting the other person to get their karmic retribution, to that extent we're still enmeshed with them in the dysfunctional drama and dance, and we're still creating pain for ourselves.

:yeahthat:

What they created in their lives will be their own reward or punishment, what you create in your life will be yours. Spending time in your life wishing for someone else's comeuppance is simply time they don't deserve for you to be spending on them. Create your own life and leave them to their own fates.

Yes, it's WAY easier said that done. :) Have to work on it constantly...