laughter is the best medicine...

• 4 Replies

BetterFuture

laughter is the best medicine...
« on: April 24, 2015, 08:33:47 AM »
Hi Non-PD Dads...

Just wanted to share on your area a thread we started on the unchosen area... we've all heard outrageous things from PDs over the years, things that seem completely reasonable for them to say.

So we thought we'd share some of our favourites and laugh about them on this tread...

http://outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=40617.0

It got maxed out pretty quickly, so we started another one in the Cafe...

http://outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=40956.0

If you have any quotes from your PD partner/ex that in hindsight you can find funny, please share!

PS - I have a massive soft spot for all of you... my dad is a non and my mum is UPD  :witch: . I witnessed the pain he went through so much love and respect to you all  :cheer:
Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this. Eleanor Roosevelt

Ty_A

Re: laughter is the best medicine...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 10:46:50 AM »
Thank you very very much BetterFuture!

There is a strong link between the NON-dads forum and the unchosen-children forum. We dads are here supporting each other but I am sure we can benefit a whole lot from things you guys can tell us on how to get rid of our fleas, pick ourselves up, and do ALL WE CAN to keep our kids safe and happy and healthy.

BetterFuture

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 11:16:20 AM »
Not a problem Ty-A, if any of you non-dads want to post something on unchosen then I for one will be happy to answer your concerns about your kids coping with their PD mum. Or send me a direct message if you like.

From my own experience.... I am very close to my dad and sympathetic to the situation he had with me and my older sister v my UPD mum. I get how hard it was, understand he couldn't make it 100% right, understood he needed self-protection as well and was extremely grateful for everything he did do, I honestly feel he couldn't have done more. He can be an idiot but he's lovely.

He does still have guilt that he did have to leave us in the house with her after she divorced him. My FOG/GC/flea/en-sister, who's a year older than me, sees my dad as uncaring and doesn't have a very good relationship with him.

So what "works" for one child may not for another, I don't know why me and my sister see things differently, probably because she's more manipulated by my UPD mum.

My top tips:

1. Don't bad mouth your ex to your children or fight in front of them
2. Talk to your children about how they feel when they are upset and reassure them that they aren't the brat their mum makes them out to be - they are entitled to be angry, hurt and upset by what she says. Buy them a punching bag - helps!
3. Have fun with them as much as possible, they won't be a child in their PD mum's house
4. Don't lose your temper with them, no matter how mad they drive you. They get enough angry rages from the PD mum, they need one calm parent.
5. Make sure they have everything they physically need - yes if you have a daughter that includes sanitary products, toiletries and their first bra. There is a thread on unchosen where many of us had none of these things and begged/borrowed and stole to get them...
6. Hope

Wish you guys all the love, happiness and good fortune  :dance:
Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one. You cannot make any useful contribution in life unless you do this. Eleanor Roosevelt

Ty_A

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
My top tips:

6. Hope

Wow! What a great way to start my day, thank you so much. I'm sure we'll "meet" here soon again.

hi8is

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 06:02:14 AM »
Want a good laugh? Play this game two of my friends to me about tonight... I'll describe the game and then start:

You take a car model and put the word anal in front of it.

Two examples:

Anal Fiesta
Anal Ranger

Some of the combos you'll come up with will make you laugh hysterically. :)

Cheers,
-hi8is