Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?

• 48 Replies

HopefulOne44

Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:39:45 PM »
I have a couple things I'd like to share..

Anyone?

Deb2

Re: Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:41:28 PM »
I used to do tarot but I was never good at it. Still have several decks because the artwork is so pretty. I do believe in dreams that can help me in everyday life, but do a lot of my own symbolism based on my cultural beliefs. I also believe in certain omens.

HopefulOne44

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 11:35:17 PM »
Hi Deb2,

Thanks much for the reply. 

Yes, the artwork is so beautiful on many, many decks!  I do love symbolism in general so I appreciate that about them as well.

I believe in omens as far as messages from a realm beyond what we see in our physical world.  I believe these messages to be helpful and/or comforting in nature.

I haven't done but one reading for a friend, but for a few years now, have done them for myself and they have been uncannily apropo and have been nothing but helpful in my spiritual journey.

I'm on the Separation & Divorce boards now a lot due to being on the cusp of finalizing *plans* for divorce, so I have been doing lots of thinking, processing lots of feelings, and asking myself lots of question about our situation and what is best for the future of all concerned in our family. 

Wanting to know what the likely outcome would be if I were to give H another chance (try working on marriage), I did an intuitive reading for myself last night using a 'relationship'-geared deck, and drew the "Justice" card (#11 of Major Arcana)..

Even if one were to say this was just pure coincidence, it is a pretty amazing one for a 1 out of 44 chance in drawing this card.

Interpretation of Justice card:

Keywords: Justice, fairness, compassion, decisions, karma, truth, law, accountability, judgement, intuition, deserving, balance

Generally the Justice card is saying a fair decision is being called upon, use your heart and intuition and gifts of the universe as the consequences will be great. You will get what you deserve as an outcome depending on the decisions you make. Whatever is happening in your life is a consequence of past decision or whatever is about to happen will be a consequence of your current decisions.

Justice wants us to seek truth, to be conscious of our thoughts and actions. Not to get caught up in external beliefs and hearsay but to be honest with your  inner knowing and to direct action based on an honest account of the whole picture. The fairest outcome for all.

In love this card is asking you to be fair based on your emotional truth. This woman is working with the laws of the universe she understands that we are all connected and she is compassionate.

Look at these parts of you before you make any decision. Selfishness will never work in a relationship, unfairness will lead to loneliness.

She is reminding you that sometimes the best way to navigate a decision in a relationship is by remembering all people involved and that our actions will create an effect. The sword representing that this effect may be final.

It may be portending to an ending of a relationship.

Also, as justice can mean courts and law. It may suggest that a real legal battle is impending and that justice will be met.

This may be in the universal sense the law of the universe does not work on legal or moral code things will work out fair in the end, but it may take a while as someone is not making compassionate, altruistic or just decisions.

It may also be suggesting that truth of a situation will be revealed with time.

It is up to the two people to either forgive or to separate. If an injustice is done it does allow for forgiveness and perhaps reconciliation, but only if the person is truly sorry. Remember also you can forgive someone without reconciliation or even without them being sorry.

Justice is a card that needs time karma cause and effect may take time as does the process of truth to move through the conscience and into consciousness .

Because Justice also rules legal matters, it is the divorce card in the deck.

Pretty interesting, don't you think?

Then, today I had a big red truck crash into me (a hit & run) whose driver was a big man wearing a red shirt.

I like to look at symbology noted for things we see in dreams, to see how it might correlate to things I experience during my day while awake. 

I pay special attention to things that happen that are highly unusual.... I.e. A car wreck.

When I looked for the interpretation for car crash I found this:

Car Crash
To dream that you are in a car crash indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. ...In particular, if a car crashes into you, then it suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.

I have found significance in colors as well, and see that the color Red is associated with love, anger, rage and warnings.

Also very apropo!

Thank you for allowing me to share. :)

Blessings ~

Hopeful
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:40:43 PM by HopefulOne44 »

HopefulOne44

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »
Wow, just had a dream last night and it is AMAZING once again, to see the correlation to my waking life.

I dreamed I looked down and saw my toe was cut... I didn't see any blood but it was cut to the bone.. Disturbing really, it freaked me out!

Looking up the symbology for "toes" I see:

"To see your toes in your dream represent the way you move and walk through life, either with grace and poise, or the lack of.  It also signifies your path in life".

And symbology for "cut" and "cutting":

"To dream of having a cut represents feelings of being undermined, scorned, ill-treated, or let down. A reduction in your sense of importance or impact. Feelings about a person being insensitive towards you."

"Cutting is often seen as a dream symbol for the ending or the splitting of two things. If you dream that you are cutting something, this signifies a broken relationship. You are splitting apart a whole into two different parts."

Pretty interesting once again!

Mariposa

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »
Slightly related:

I saw a psychic several months ago.  I told her I was getting divorced. Gave no other information.  She immediately started motioning to her mouth and started saying things like....he is very verbal, very mouthy, he would yell and you would cower like a dog with its tail beneath its legs..Told me I had an older boy that was going to have it out with his father   ( one of my kids had it out with him 2 months ago---haven't seen him since.  She told me that he will get what he deserves. Told me I was the best mother I could be under the circumstances.   I asked if he will "stop"   ( I didn't define stop what) and she hesitated....told me I can't respond to him anymore.

at the end I drew some tarot cards, one of them said I would be in a new relationship, some chance opportunity. That would be nice.

She also described my deceased grandparents ( who she saw sitting right next to me).  She told me my grandmother leaves me something that only I would associate with her to let me know of her prescence.  This item has magically appeared around my house when I am going through times of heavy stress. i'm a believer!

Deb2

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:55:09 PM »
Wow, Hopeful and Mariposa, those are some interesting things. Once in awhile, I still pull a tarot card at random just to see what it says. Sometimes, I get some interesting things. Omens are another thing. We were broke, only had gas money, but were invited to a cultural event that was very important to my DH. As we were driving, we saw an eagle, circle above us, and then take off in the direction of where we were going. As eagles are pretty special to us, we felt that we were doing the right thing. I won't go into the details, but by the time we got home, we had been well fed and had $100 in our pocket!

kayjewel

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 02:08:56 AM »
I dreamed I looked down and saw my toe was cut... I didn't see any blood but it was cut to the bone.. Disturbing really, it freaked me out!

There are numerous references in the I Ching (ancient Chinese/Taoist oracle) to the toes, most notably Hexagram 34 line 1:

Nine at the beginning means:
Power in the toes.
Continuing brings misfortune.
This is certainly true.

The toes are in the lowest place and are ready to advance. So likewise great
power in lowly station is inclined to effect advance by force. This, if carried
further, would certainly lead to misfortune, and therefore by way of advice a
warning is added.

Often, this line comes up when we're trying to force a situation, or acting impulsively, when we need to slow down and think, and then act more deliberately and wisely. The toes are how we step forward; they're usually the first place in our bodies where we apply energy to move ourselves in a certain direction.

If I dreamed of getting an injury in the toe, this could be symbolic of the need for me to look more closely at where I'm aiming to go. I know there are knives out there, ready to slash away at me, but I step forward in their direction anyway, and (not surprisingly) I get cut. If I got this dream, I might look at what situations "in real life" I'm putting myself into that are not safe or nurturing for me. How am I setting myself up for some pain or difficulty?

In your dream, you said your toe was not bleeding. To me, blood symbolically has to do with the life force, so this sounds like good sign that your life force is not being drained out by whoever or whatever is slashing away at you. At some level, you have yourself protected (good boundaries!)

Edited to add: blood can also symbolically have to do with our family of origin.

Cut to the bone ... close to the bone ... lots of great symbolic word-play there to look at. I find my dreams are wonderful at using words and images, especially puns, to give me messages. I think my subconscious self must have a great sense of humor.  ;D

« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:15:15 AM by kayjewel »
There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
-- C. G. Jung

CathyMathy

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »
My recurring car dream when I was in the last years of my r/ s w exPD went something like this:

I am in the back seat of a car, usually my mom's Chevy Nova.  There is no driver, but the car, so far, is moving thru the streets and not about to hit anything.  However, I am frantic to get into the front seat.  Most times I am alone in the car.  Sometimes there is another person.  My mom?  My ex?  Hard to say.  I have to work hard to scramble into the front seat and when and if  I get there, the brakes are very poor and barely work.

At this point I usually wake up, still haven't crashed.

She has been gone over a year.  Haven't had this dream very much.  Maybe once or twice, but not nearly as frequently as when together.

ItHurtsm32

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:16 PM »
My recurring car dream when I was in the last years of my r/ s w exPD went something like this:

I am in the back seat of a car, usually my mom's Chevy Nova.  There is no driver, but the car, so far, is moving thru the streets and not about to hit anything.  However, I am frantic to get into the front seat.  Most times I am alone in the car.  Sometimes there is another person.  My mom?  My ex?  Hard to say.  I have to work hard to scramble into the front seat and when and if  I get there, the brakes are very poor and barely work.

At this point I usually wake up, still haven't crashed.

She has been gone over a year.  Haven't had this dream very much.  Maybe once or twice, but not nearly as frequently as when together.

I'm not bad with interpreting dreams. I don't attribute any mythical qualities to them but think its your subconscious trying to assimilate your thoughts into your mind map. The more I know about a persons situation the more obvious the dreams meaning.

A vehicle without a driver is a symbol for a feeling of helplessness to control a situation or your destiny. Its pretty literal. That is why the brakes don't work. The occasional presence of others is more than likely that others are in the same situation for the same reason. Your Mum's car could be a number of things, It is the context for your loss of mastery over a situation. How you see your Mum could be the clue. She appears to  unbalance your inner world.

or....

Don't order extra anchovies on your next pizza. They give me the strangest dreams  :blush:

CathyMathy

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »
Hi, ItHurts.  I agree that my dream is about helplessness.  But it never occurred to me that others in the car feel the same.  I can also agree that could easily be true for mom and ex. And the car representing the loss of mastery is intriguing.  My mom certainly trained me to have the behaviors that I took into the r/s with ex.   In both cases I was slow to anger but at some point I had to very politely but firmly and with a dose of anger say stop.

Thanks for interpretation.  I'll dwell on it but not after eating anchovies.  No worries about that.

Flowers4U

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »
I would also add the car going through the streets with any problems says that you are doing fine while you are scrambling into the drivers seat...learning the skills needed and employing them to live your life well. It's also pointing out you are the one scrambling into the drivers seat while the other person is passive....in other words, you are the one who is doing the work of growing.

It's a pat on the back from your higher self and Spirit.

fozzybear

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 02:54:15 PM »
I saw a tarot reader about 10 months before I left my NPDX - I had no idea at that stage that I would, but I was pretty fed up. My father was just beginning to feel ill, but I had no idea he would die within two months of that sitting.
She said to me, I see a nurse standing next to your father. I said his grandmother had been a matron, and my mother had worked in care homes. She said no, this is telling me about a health problem, something that needs dealing with in hospital. I didn't really think about it as my Dad had had several strokes, so it wasn't unexpected. He went into hospital the next week with severe nose bleeds and was diagnosed with terminal leukaemia - he died a few months later. He was also raging NPD, so to be honest it allowed me to close a door on that relationship, but it was uncanny how she predicted it.

Anyway, there was lots of change happening in my career at the time, so when she told me that my life would change hugely over the next year, I assumed it was work related, as I had three different options. She said to me that I would have to make a serious choice, and it would change my life, but there would be a lot of learning along the way. It won't be easy she said, but it's worth it. Looking back, I realised that the only real change I had was leaving my NPDX, but what a change!
Almost free.

Ifigureditout

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 01:14:54 AM »
What great insight.  Are you sure you are not a therapist?

eyeofthestorm

• There's no winner to an irrational war.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 07:03:10 AM »
I'm new here and glad to discover this thread.
Yes,  I absolutely believe that aspects of "non-ordinary reality" can be very affirming and provide a lot of mystical insight. I've had several readings via tarot cards and by psychic intuitive who have just NAILED the situation without my having revealed anything in advance.
Maybe the energy of interacting with PD's is so intense that it's not hard to pick up on.
On a recovery path synchronicity can help so much, for mystical reassurance in a private world gone rather haywire.
What brings me to this website is the crazy - making and cruel acting out of my siblings now that both parents are deceased, my Mom most recently, early in 2014. If not for a sense of connection with her I don't know that I could have made it thru. It's subtle but I've learned to rtust it.
"Either this wallpaper goes or I do." (Last words of Oscar Wilde)

Ifigureditout

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
 Hello, I have been reading your post with great admiration. In many ways I identify with the situations you have explained. I do not yet have the courage to post my situation,  so I hope you will forgive me for my vicarious healing through your helpful, reassuring insight. I am especially interested in learning more about spirituality in the mystical  potential related to my healing. Three times I have approached someone  for a tarot  card reading, and backed out at the last minute. The pain I have received  from my uPD sibling has been so great, I think I'm ready to explore new avenues for healing. Could you give me some advice about where to begin?   I am especially interested in your comments about the mystical potential. Thank you in advance for reading my post. I hope you are well  and happy.

eyeofthestorm

• There's no winner to an irrational war.
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 12:11:41 AM »
Hello Ifigureditout -- I think it takes a lot of courage to start to open up about being in an abusive situation.  We're so conditioned,  manipulated to take it, stay quiet about it, not to rock the boat. But look at the name you chose for yourself for this website -- "I figured it out" -- being on that path is a huge step in breaking thru the tyranny of enforced denial, even brainwashing.
I think the best advice I can offer is to continue to trust your gut.
When I was still married to UBPDX but nearing the end of my rope, I joined a similar website,  and took a pen-name there that still amazes me for its strength and optimism. Somehow I still knew I had it inside.
It took me a while to post any details, and I still remember the first time I hit the "submit" button. I kind of smiled at the irony -- it was a sign of healing and no longer submitting to the abuse.
But it's a tough road, I know. 
Use the fine support here. It's as much of a comfort to help as it is to be helped -- and the common ground of "you too? I thought I was the only one ever going through this" is a lifeline.
It restores faith and gives a precious sense of community.
As for the more mystical, my experience was the network of support on the website itself helped to restore some faith in the unseen.  After all, real life with my X had really messed with a sense of trust.
As I mentioned elsewhere,  we went thru 8 marriage counselors.  It got to the point that I hoped to find a COUNSELOR who had some psychic ability, to break thru all the double talk.
It really is a leap of faith -- and i think you're on your way.
"Either this wallpaper goes or I do." (Last words of Oscar Wilde)

DaisyGirl77

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »
*raises hand*  I'm interested in all things in this category.  I have lots of interesting dreams, but as to what they mean, I don't know.  My dreams are like stories, if that makes sense.  I've been to several psychics, & done a few other things, too. :)
I lived with my dad's uPD mom for 3.5 years.  This is my story:  http://www.outofthefog.net/forum/index.php?topic=59780.0  (TW for abuse descriptions.)

"You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm." - Anonymous

NC with uNM since December 2016.  VLC with uPDF.

1footouttadefog

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 02:35:21 AM »
The car having another person in it then just you back and forth could represent you needing control for others' sakes, and for your sake. 

stephoney

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
Years ago my grandmother mentioned a dream she had about her sister in law in which they were all sitting together and the sister in law got up and left without saying a word. The following day we learned that the sister in law had passed away. Years later my grandmother passed away and several months later i had a dream where she told me that she was all right and not to worry. When i woke up i smelled flowers and a tremendous feeling of being safe and loved. It was extraordinary. I got up from bed then and the smell and the feeling lingered for a long time. I figured that was grandmothers way of saying good bye. It was comforting.

needsmet

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 11:45:46 PM »
Tarot Cards, Horoscopes, Hypnotism, and anything else like this are strictly forbidden to the Christian.