Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?

• 48 Replies

Sunshine days

Re: Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
I agree with needs met, I think it is better to develop our intuition and to gain self control of who we are in truth and love. I started dreaming 4 years ago and I believe it was subconscious unhealed emotions and thoughts that where stuffed down coming out of me and I had to process everything to get better, the dreams are not as painful as they where but boy!! I will never forget what I went through to get a more solid foundation. X

looloo

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 06:11:33 PM »
I had an interesting symbolic dream just last week.  I dreamed I was in my Nmother's kitchen, and was trying to deal with a bunch of wallpaper that was peeling and shredded, and making an ugly mess -- dragging onto the counter top and close to the stove top.  I tried to "fix" it for a while, attempting to re-adhere it, and realign the pattern perfectly so that you couldn't tell there was ever a problem.  But I eventually gave up, and started to slice the shredded and peeling parts off with a knife.

There were people in the kitchen who could see what I was doing, and in my dream, I was mildly concerned with what "they must be thinking" (had I tried hard enough to put the wallpaper back together, can they see that this is a bit of a safety issue, what with the wallpaper dangling over the stove???).  But I felt like I had tried hard enough, long enough, and was doing the only reasonable thing.

I googled "dream symbols, wallpaper" the next morning, and learned that removing wallpaper has to do with no longer covering up issues, abandoning pretense, that sort of thing.  Yup, sounds about right!
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”  Oscar Wilde.

"My actions are my true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand."  Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunshine days

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:16 PM »
Looloo , brilliant dream, I had one last night about baby chickens escaping and I was trying to catch them and then they where flying away , once I got to the bottom of the garden and cornered them everyone of them had their mouths open and where yelling at me , it was weird .  I researched it and blimey it was spot on , it was perfect for my waking life. Also I saw a eye last night in my closed eye and something crawled out of it. I researched it and it was spot on. I use the dream bible ? What do you use ?

looloo

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2016, 06:57:17 PM »
Hi Sunshine - what did the dream bible say about the chickens, and the eye you saw?

I just google, and see what the results turn up!  ;D
“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”  Oscar Wilde.

"My actions are my true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand."  Thich Nhat Hanh

Sunshine days

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
Chickens, represent insecurity , a lack of confidence.  Chickens in a dream may be a sign that you are aware of your inner fear of standing up for yourself. It's true , I have got this far by standing up for myself and I am aware of it now and I have been consumed by my strength and what I have achieved by putting my mind to it and putting my needs first. A fear of confronting your problems , choosing to run away or allow others to easily scare you, allowing yourself to believe you dont matter as much as other people. Allowing people  to get away with intimdating you with ignorance or total arrogance .(THIS WAS THE EYE OPENER FOR ME , I CAN SEE INTO THESE TRAITS NOW AND I AM BEING PREPARED TO BATTLE THROUGH IT, I AM STRONGER NOW TO NOT LET IT TOUCH MY SIDES BUT TO WALK TO WHERE I NEED TO TO GO AND THEY NEED TO RESPECT THAT , I DONT WANT THEM AS I AM NOT THIS NEEDY PERSON NO MORE AND THEY KNOW I AM NO PUSH OVER, I MADE IT THROUGH, THIS DREAM MADE ME REALISE TO TAKE THAT LAST BIT OF ME HOME , THE BIT THEY ARE HOLDING ONTO , I WANT TO SEE THE MASK  )You may benefit from speaking up or trying to gather friends to make a stand with you. They where baby chicks the positive represents feelings about childish insecurity , childish shyness or fear. Helplessness to stand up for myself , the possibility for a problem to make me look a coward at a later time if I don't keep addressing it now. Negatively , baby chicks in a dream may reflect problems with standing up for myself that are creating additional situations for me to fear or shy away from.(THE ADDITIONAL SITUATION WOULD BE THEM NOT ACCEPTING ANY RESPONSBILTIY SO AGAIN I HAVE ADDITIONAL BAGGAGE THAT IS STILL THEIRS, IT'S GIVING ME THAT BOUNDRY AGAIN SO THINGS CRACK MORE WITH THEM)  Accepting fear as something you will never stand up for . Alternatively  it may reflect situations where you are overbearing with control over a younger or less experienced person then you . Controlling parenting (ANOTHER REMINDER THAT I AM THINKING RIGHT ON THE PATH, ITS LIKE THIS HAS OPENED UP TO )that doesn't allow children to develop confidence.

In the end they where all at the bottom of my friends garden and I felt it was my responbiltiy to save them and that I was in trouble for not looking after them but when I saw them someone had left the door open and I was like who the hell has done that and as a x fixer I found myself involved. When they where running and escaping they where developing wings and getting bigger and ready to fly but I got to the bottom of the garden before them and shouted stop , get back in and they all turned on me opened there beaks and yelled . Then I woke up thinking not again , I wrote it done and fell asleep again . Then I saw a eye in my closed eye and Something quickly came out of it and disappeared . It was there for about 10 seconds and I was like come on I am looking at you , I had no fear. I have been seeing eyes for about 4 years and I have been really scared about it all but I have conquered the fear. To dream of eyes in a dream represents observation , judgements and consciousness . The way you or some aspect of your personality sees a situation. I think the chicken dream made me see all of the situation from every angle. To dream of a closed eye represents avoidance of truth or intimacy. , not wanting to consider or accept something. They represents a lack of awareness , ignorance or naivety . My dreams are always open eyes, bring it on ....

1footouttadefog

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 02:01:23 AM »
Looloo , brilliant dream, I had one last night about baby chickens escaping and I was trying to catch them and then they where flying away , once I got to the bottom of the garden and cornered them everyone of them had their mouths open and where yelling at me , it was weird .  I researched it and blimey it was spot on , it was perfect for my waking life. Also I saw a eye last night in my closed eye and something crawled out of it. I researched it and it was spot on. I use the dream bible ? What do you use ?

If that were my chicken dream I would interpret as:

The chickens are the pds in my life, or the child like traits of a single pd.  They are cute, and attract a caregiver.  Once I was engaged in helping and trying to satisfy them, they start flying, ie they will move the target. 

Once they have another source of supply, the garden, they turn against you and devalue you.

I would have been seeing my own eye.  That which had been blinding me has left. I can see clearly now. 

1footouttadefog

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2016, 02:04:07 AM »
Tarot Cards, Horoscopes, Hypnotism, and anything else like this are strictly forbidden to the Christian.

Yes, but dreams and the interpretation of them are from God. There alot of biblical accounts of dreams and interpretations. 

Sunshine days

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2016, 05:15:12 AM »

If that were my chicken dream I would interpret as:

The chickens are the pds in my life, or the child like traits of a single pd.  They are cute, and attract a caregiver.  Once I was engaged in helping and trying to satisfy them, they start flying, ie they will move the target. 

Once they have another source of supply, the garden, they turn against you and devalue you.

I would have been seeing my own eye.  That which had been blinding me has left. I can see clearly now.

Hi, onefootouttadefog , Thats a brilliant observation, , I sometimes pray I will stop dreaming , years ago they disturbed me but today I have adjusted to its a healthy thing to process, it frees your deep real emotions and makes you have a stronger foundation. I have a lot of dreams about being a prisoner held captive trying to escape. The other night a dog bite and even ironing. I use to write all my dreams down and try and put a explanation to them but life got in the way and I can't possibly keep up with it all. I take comfort from knowing it gets better and I am stronger. Thank you !! This sight is amazing .

liftinfog

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 01:48:36 AM »
I found a site and they have an iPhone app too... Dreammoods.com. I've had some wild dreams and I check them out and they're spot on with my life! I feel like I had a therapy sessions after I wake up and interpret.
“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.”
― Leo Tolstoy

Sunshine days

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 04:58:08 AM »
That's how I use to feel, I don't dream as much now which I am happy about. It was a difficult time the dreaming for me but when I read into it on the dream bible it was spot on too. Good luck with that

Sunshine days

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 05:05:23 AM »
I found a site and they have an iPhone app too... Dreammoods.com. I've had some wild dreams and I check them out and they're spot on with my life! I feel like I had a therapy sessions after I wake up and interpret.

I checked it out on the dream moods, I personally think the dream bible is better it gives of a more explanation and a positive and negative answer to. Check it out

liftinfog

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2016, 01:51:50 PM »

I checked it out on the dream moods, I personally think the dream bible is better it gives of a more explanation and a positive and negative answer to. Check it out
Hey thanks for the tip sunshine days! I just checked it out this morning and I was able to compare the two. I think I'm going to use both, since while the interpretations I like better from dream bible, dream moods has a few symbols that I couldn't find in dream bible, like video chat.
“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.”
― Leo Tolstoy

Sunshine days

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 03:01:27 PM »
Brill liftinfog, funnily enough I had a dream yesterday and thought I was over them . Grrrrr

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
  • Individuation = our key to emotional freedom
    • I Am Enough
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2016, 04:02:50 PM »
Tarot Cards, Horoscopes, Hypnotism, and anything else like this are strictly forbidden to the Christian.

Yes, but dreams and the interpretation of them are from God. There alot of biblical accounts of dreams and interpretations. 
While all of that may be true this thread is specifically related to tarot cards and if that's not your thing please start another thread about dream interpretation that doesn't relate to tarot cards in addition to dreams. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 04:07:34 PM by Spring Butterfly »
· Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage. Plan accordingly, make time to heal
· Individuation is the key to emotional freedom
· It's foolish to expect of others what they have no capacity to give
· If others were self observant, introspective, this forum would not exist

1footouttadefog

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2016, 11:51:19 AM »
Actually the thread is about tarot,  dreams and/or symbols.

I have been interacting ad the subject regards dreams and symbols.

Perhaps someone needs a tarot only thread.  LOL

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
    • I Am Enough
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
Hmmm. Fair enough. Corrected redirect:

While all of that may be true this thread is specifically related to tarot cards plus dreams and interpretations and if that's not your thing please start another thread about dream interpretation that doesn't relate to tarot cards in addition to dreams. Thank you.
 ;)
· Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage. Plan accordingly, make time to heal

Sunshine days

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 07:42:48 PM »
I am confused but it doesn't take a lot. Lol

1footouttadefog

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 09:58:34 PM »
Are dreammoods.com and dream bible tarot specific?  What am I missing.

Sunshine days

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 06:32:02 AM »
Nothing I don't think, a dream is a dream isn't it. I think people add names to make things look good but the bottom line is a dream is a dream . I don't understand symbol dreams , never had one I don't think.

Spring Butterfly

• Spring Butterfly
  • Administrator
    • I Am Enough
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2016, 12:33:16 PM »
I seemed to have made a mess of things in trying to address one members objection to this thread. My point was this is a thread specifically for tarot cards and dreams and nothing to do with Christianity per se. So if a member has objection to tarot cards combined with dreams then just start a thread for dreams and interpretations only here or similar to those often seen on the Working on Us board. In the words of Roseann Roseannadanna, 'never mind' so just continue as you were before I came running in here like a bull in a china shop.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 12:43:52 PM by Spring Butterfly »