Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?

• 48 Replies

1footouttadefog

Re: Anyone into the tarot, dreams and/or symbolism?
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 03:15:09 PM »
I might get it now.   

At some point someone posted about Christians should not be involved in tarot dreams etc.   

I felt it might be directed at me so I replied thst dreams and such were talked about in the Bible.

When you addressed this you quoted my response to that person.   I therfore felt your post was directed at me specifically  so I responded that I was participating based on my interest in dreams and symbols.

Your further post seemed to be telling me that if I was not discussing tarot specifically I should not post and start another thread.   

I further questioned if the other posts were tarot specific. (including your own)

There was only ever a single post regarding anyone Christian view toward tarot,  and the thread continued forward, for quite a while,  after without thst coming back up.  I think everyone else decided to ignore.   

Re dreams,  I had some interesting ones while traveling,  but nothing stands out to me now.  Wish I had had time to think about them at the time.  The visuals where we where will certainly stay around a while, so I will likely see them again.   

Sunshine days

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 08:46:35 PM »
Thanks, I kind of get it. I just know when one is in great pain, one just looks at their dream regardless . I am a time of person who always misses the small print where others have convo at things I find hard to understand, but no worries, it's been a great thread for me to learn.

xredshoesx

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:31 PM »
my main concern is that the one post was not helpful.  i think this is a pretty good discussion with the post in question still in the thread and i appreciate spring butterfly trying to make sure everyone was on the right page.  sometimes it takes good discussion and clarification on a discussion board to draw something out and i like how everyone handled that- 

for the active particpants, i can remove the comment because it's a tangent not for this thread, but i really like 1foot's response because it's a good point to be made.

we just want to make sure that more than one view of religion and spirituality can be represented on the forums- kwim? 

liftinfog

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 01:18:52 AM »
 :thumbup: I'm good with that.

Can I throw this in w/o being a hijacker? (Just delete if it's not ok) So I had a dream of trying to get to the front door of my parents house (which was empty, no one home) with my brother. We couldn't get into the front door because the porch was full of trash bags  everywhere. In the middle of our trying to figure out how to get through we got a papa johns pizza delivered for $10 (I really do remember that number!) . There was more to the dream but I think they were separate scenes that I don't remember as well. Any one got any ideas? I'm kind of new at this and it's hard to apply the symbols from the sites into this one especially since I know my past with my parents. I'm kind of thinking that I felt empty at home and couldnt reach my parents because of all their hurts/disorders/(literally)baggage in between us. My home growing up felt empty and there was nothing REAL there just pretend grandiosity and phony manipulative "love". My brother saw most of the stuff growing up and we talked and validated a lot of the crap growing up, so I could see why he'd be with me here. Dreammoods has pizza as symbolizing lacking and feeling deprived of something, which has got to be my parents genuine love and acceptance. And why on earth do I remember $10 as the price? What do you all think?
“Only people who are capable of loving strongly can also suffer great sorrow, but this same necessity of loving serves to counteract their grief and heals them.”
― Leo Tolstoy

1footouttadefog

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 01:36:40 AM »
If it was my dream and I was a person with pd parents, it would mean something like:

At home the parents are not there or not available to meet your needs.  They have brought alot of garbage into your world and this creates a barrier to the siblings having a home with available parents.  Eventually you learn you can seek what you need outside the home and FOO.  That is what ordering pizza symbolizes. 10 dollars means the cost of having your needs met from outside the family/parental home is not a painful burden and it works.

Mommyof3

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2016, 08:53:57 PM »
I am a practicing Wiccan (wasn't for the longest time due to my PDh making fun of me).  I have 3 Tarot decks and one pendulum, but can use just about anything for dowsing.  I've had my cards ready by multiple people and all have said I will get away and be very happy with the result of the settlement.  I was told on one occasion by a Psychic/Medium that my deceased FIL was there and kept repeating "he's mean to her" and the psychic didn't understand until I explained.  Then several other people who are guardians came through and told me to get away from him (including his own mom).  Since I had that reading, he's been having health problems that doctors cant pin point.  I mostly do yes/no reads for myself of late though. 

Adrianna

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »
I'm not into Tarot although I do understand the draw to it.

I am big on dreams and have very detailed, sometimes lucid dreams. Just this morning I was having a dream in which I was telling someone how fun it is to be lucid in a dream! Wrap your head around that one. As I was telling this person that, I did not realize that I was in fact dreaming. Wild stuff. To have a lucid dream is one of the most unbelievable things. You know you're dreaming. You know it's not waking life. It's like being in another dimension.
Practice an attitude of gratitude.

AmericanWoman

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2016, 08:07:56 PM »
Nope, not into it.  Demons are real and I don't wish to put out an invitation for them.   Enjoy what you wish but heck no....I'm scared to mess with that kind of stuff.

Sunshine days

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2016, 06:32:36 AM »
It comes in all tricks American woman